website statistics

If you could create new Olympic Events...

intoronto

14 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I already explained somewhere in this forum, that nowhere is written that canoe slalom must have at olympics a ultra mega modern complex like they constructed in London or Beijing. Even the best ever races were simply held on rivers. remember Atlanta 1996. They just used the Ocoee river and the competitions are still ranked as one of the best ever of the history of this sport..

No, seriously I assume each Nation who is actually thinking about hosting the olympics probably has some 200 metres of river in their country...really, there no need to build I don´t know how much extremely special venue..this is just a bullshit..it´s the same like if peoples will say me we can not host sailing because we haven´t a modern venue..but still the most important is just to have a small port with a mole and to have sea access...I never heard anyone complaining that there no fantastic building, stands and venue for sailing..always only for canoe slalom...for everything on earth..canoe slalom need just a small part of a wild water river thats all. many competitions of the canoe slalom season are actually on rivers, even this weekend the european U23 and junior championships are on a Slovenian river and I watched some races today and they were very entertaining.

I can´t find videos from Atlanta ocoee 1996 competitions in youtube. only the race of Martikán from our TV..but if you look on it you just can watch that really there no need to build any expensive venue

I too was against canoe slalom, but it does have a diversity (albeit with European nations) on the top, but canoe slalom is quite a fun sport to watch. It just needs more events (maybe like 8 in total) and yes the venue does not need to be extravagant. The Pan Am Games had a natural river used and I believe it was the cheapest venue to be built. 

Archery: Add Mixed Team event.

Athletics: Remove one of the walking disciplines for men, add men's and women's cross-country running.

Basketball: Maybe add 3x3, but it's also fine without it.

Boxing: Ether leave 3 weight class for men and 3 weight class for ladies or remove this sport entirely from the Games.

Canoeing: Remove slalom and use quotas to add more sprint events.

Cycling: Add individual pursuit races and maybe bring back team time trials instead of individuals.

Diving: Expand synchro element with allowing countries to compete if they have 2 divers in individual events + add Mixed Team event.

Equestrian: Won't mind this sport going away.

Fencing: Remove team events and maybe add one mixed team event.

Field hockey: Won't mind this spot going away.

Football: Reduce men's quota to use it for other sports.

Golf: Extremely TV unfriendly. Ether change the Olympic tournament format or get rid of it entirely.

Gymnastics: Add Acrobatic Gymnastics  with Mixed Pair event, maybe try to do mixed rhytmic groups.

Modern pentathlon: Change the rules with the horses, change it to dressage or even remove equestrian element. Also might add mixed relay.

Rowing: More events for ladies

Sailing: Add Kitesurfing

Shooting: Make it open gender event without diving it to men's and women's, add laser pistol event.

Swimming: add mixed gender relays.

Synchronised swimming: Remove women's duets, add mixed duets.

Table tennis:Remove men's and women's teams, add mixed team event.

Weightlifting: Ether leave only few bigger weight classes or remove this sport entirely. 

Add:

Air Sports: Just that it would be possible to say that human competes in all elements :d Few nicer events like skydiving formations, accuracy paragliding and etc. that is within Olympic rules for no motor events.

Baseball: Just to add more versatility

Cricket: Just to add more versatility. Although personally I won't like it

1 hour ago, Bearas said:

Archery: Add Mixed Team event.

Athletics: Remove one of the walking disciplines for men, add men's and women's cross-country running.

Basketball: Maybe add 3x3, but it's also fine without it.

Boxing: Ether leave 3 weight class for men and 3 weight class for ladies or remove this sport entirely from the Games.

Canoeing: Remove slalom and use quotas to add more sprint events.

Cycling: Add individual pursuit races and maybe bring back team time trials instead of individuals.

Diving: Expand synchro element with allowing countries to compete if they have 2 divers in individual events + add Mixed Team event.

Equestrian: Won't mind this sport going away.

Fencing: Remove team events and maybe add one mixed team event.

Field hockey: Won't mind this spot going away.

Football: Reduce men's quota to use it for other sports.

Golf: Extremely TV unfriendly. Ether change the Olympic tournament format or get rid of it entirely.

Gymnastics: Add Acrobatic Gymnastics  with Mixed Pair event, maybe try to do mixed rhytmic groups.

Modern pentathlon: Change the rules with the horses, change it to dressage or even remove equestrian element. Also might add mixed relay.

Rowing: More events for ladies

Sailing: Add Kitesurfing

Shooting: Make it open gender event without diving it to men's and women's, add laser pistol event.

Swimming: add mixed gender relays.

Synchronised swimming: Remove women's duets, add mixed duets.

Table tennis:Remove men's and women's teams, add mixed team event.

Weightlifting: Ether leave only few bigger weight classes or remove this sport entirely. 

Add:

Air Sports: Just that it would be possible to say that human competes in all elements :d Few nicer events like skydiving formations, accuracy paragliding and etc. that is within Olympic rules for no motor events.

Baseball: Just to add more versatility

Cricket: Just to add more versatility. Although personally I won't like it

I am not fan of Cricket/Baseball to be added to Olympics as it doesn't add diversity .. But Squash and Karate is good sport to be added :)

33 minutes ago, Govind said:

I am not fan of Cricket/Baseball to be added to Olympics as it doesn't add diversity .. But Squash and Karate is good sport to be added :)

Cricket would add a lot of diversity since it's the most popular sport in India / Pakistan / Bangledesh / Afghanistan / Sri Lanka.

3 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

I like this idea very much. It fits the Olympics well, and since Equestrian does this flawlessly, I can see mixed gender team events in Archery, Table Tennis and Fencing working out.

I've always thought a mixed gender Artistic Gymnastics team event would be insanely fun to watch. Or maybe a huge Gymnastics team event, pretty much like they did with Figure Skating in 2014, where countries would earn points for placements in Men's Artistic, Women's Artistic, Rhythmics and Trampoline. The problem is that only Russia, China, USA, Japan, Ukraine, the host nation and probably Belarus and Canada would consistently qualify athletes for all four disciplines. 

I don't think a mixed artistic event would work, where would all the apparatuses fit?

1 minute ago, Near said:

Cricket would add a lot of diversity since it's the most popular sport in India / Pakistan / Bangledesh / Afghanistan / Sri Lanka.

Diversity ???? .... All these Countries are colonies of UK Earlier ..

But believe me .. Same thing going to happen like foot ball at Olympics .. Because all important teams like Australia , SA or India will ask important players to take rest and send remaining to Olympics .. and it will be no meaning to have this Sport after that in Olympics .. Real example is last Asian Games.. India didn't event send its team

My personal Opinion the Sports with lot of money no need to be there at Olympics.. the many other games that can represent there ..

14 minutes ago, Near said:

That's just South Asia.

IMO there is only room for one bat/ball sport, and that should be baseball/softball as its more globalized.

My Opinion:  Below are the reason to Add/Remove

Reasons to be removed:

1. Any Sports where judges are Corrupt -  Boxing is best example

2. Any Sports where More money is there to Control Olympics - Mens football - U23 - SERIOUSLY , Then Why Youth Olympics is there

3. Any Sports which are not popular in More than 3 Continents - Eg. Canoeing Slalom, Modern pentathlon etc...

4. No need of too many Combat Sports 

5. Sports with too many medals  - Eg Swimming .. What we are trying to prove with too many event ..

Reason to be Added:

1. Add Squash - Well formatted sports

2. Add more team sports  - Enjoyable to watch - Gets more sponsor for Olympics - Eg. Kabadi (One Popular in India, Iran, Even in US too) ,  Sepaktakraw - Popular in South east Asia

3.  Add mixed team events as much as possible - So we will get real meaning of Olympics .. No discrimination in Ethnic, gender, race, religion, language.... Best example is Mixed Team at Archery  & Gymnastics etc  

Edited by Govind

10 hours ago, intoronto said:

That's just South Asia.

IMO there is only room for one bat/ball sport, and that should be baseball/softball as its more globalized.

It's a subcontinent that accounts for a billion and a half people and who are severly underrepresented at the Olympics. It's a huge potential growth area for the IOC.