website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Sports Related Jobs Thread

intoronto

9 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

You do have "equivalent professional experience" just link them to your site.

I have professional experience, but I don’t know if I have “equivalent professional experience.” I mean, I guess I could apply for shits and giggles.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

I have professional experience, but I don’t know if I have “equivalent professional experience.” I mean, I guess I could apply for shits and giggles.

Sure you do. You write about sports on a website. They want people who write about their sport on their website. English is your native language and one of the gazillion things you study is communications, so one can assume your grammar is more than excellent. You've got 0 to lose and the whole thing is from home.

Starting opportunities don't get more perfect than this.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Sure you do. You write about sports on a website. They want people who write about their sport on their website. English is your native language and one of the gazillion things you study is communications, so one can assume your grammar is more than excellent. You've got 0 to lose and the whole thing is from home.

Starting opportunities don't get more perfect than this.

Fair, I guess I have labeled myself as “the grammar hammer” in the past. Y’all are really pulling for me :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Fair, I guess I have labeled myself as “the grammar hammer” in the past. Y’all are really pulling for me :d

No, on Totallympics you often seem to be someone who doesn't much care about grammar or correct spelling of names and then brushing it aside with "I know it's wrong but I'm lazy" (even though a quick Google would be faster and less energy-consuming than explaining that you're lazy), but I have no doubt in a less informal situation than an online forum this is not an issue :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

No, on Totallympics you often seem to be someone who doesn't much care about grammar or correct spelling of names and then brushing it aside with "I know it's wrong but I'm lazy" (even though a quick Google would be faster and less energy-consuming than explaining that you're lazy), but I have no doubt in a less informal situation than an online forum this is not an issue :p 

Yes, that is correct. What write how I talk on here. I also really just don’t care about grammar mistakes if it’s not for a published statement.

IPC has a wide range of jobs open for any of those interested: https://www.paralympic.org/jobs

None that really suit me unfortunately :(

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

IPC has a wide range of jobs open for any of those interested: https://www.paralympic.org/jobs

None that really suit me unfortunately :(

This sounds almost exactly like what I'm about to start with one of these weeks :p

https://www.paralympic.org/sites/default/files/2020-03/2020 Junior-System-Administrator.pdf

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

This sounds almost exactly like what I'm about to start with one of these weeks :p

https://www.paralympic.org/sites/default/files/2020-03/2020 Junior-System-Administrator.pdf

Time for upgrade/downgrade (depending on pay)?

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Time for upgrade/downgrade (depending on pay)?

One job is in Germany and the other is a 5-minute walk away from a train station I can reach with a pretty short and easy direct train connection. No thanks :p 

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

One job is in Germany and the other is a 5-minute walk away from a train station I can reach with a pretty short and easy direct train connection. No thanks :p 

I’m a sucker for international sports jobs. I’d fly to fricken Nauru if the NOC offered me job :p