website statistics

[POLL] Do You want Boxing to be included in the Summer Olympic Games 2020 Programme?

vlad

Do You want Boxing to be included in the Summer Olympic Games 2020 Programme?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do You want Boxing to be included in the Summer Olympic Games 2020 Programme?

7 minutes ago, bestmen said:

not much doping in boxing comparing with the rest , yeah some juries are corrupted just like in taekwondo karate  football gymnastic ....etc 

Unfortunately today the AIBA announced they've closed 38 doping cases without punishment and did not give reasons why they did that,

3 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

A professional boxing tournament without letting amateurs at least attempt to qualify is no good either. Also, if AIBA really wants to play hardball there won't be any recognized national federations either (as they risk being sanctioned by AIBA), though I guess they could go the route of having all the boxers compete under the Olympic flag, but I imagine some young boxers may also not want to risk getting banned from future competitions.

But once IOC de-recognizes AIBA, do the national federations really care about AIBA anymore ??

I wud imagine that other than the few favored nations like Russia, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan, no one really likes AIBA or cares about them as they keep robbing their boxers. Some powerful boxing nations like USA, UK and Ireland clearly hate AIBA.

Its a little idealistic, and I think eventually all this will just boil over, but the ideal solution for me would be for IOC to suspend AIBA and continue boxing at Tokyo through an interim body. Of course, that doesnt mean only pro boxers. Amateur boxers and proper qualifying tournaments still have to be there. And ideally, a change in the current bogus scoring system.

2 hours ago, kapil857 said:

But once IOC de-recognizes AIBA, do the national federations really care about AIBA anymore ??

They will because the assumption is that the suspension will be temporarily. AIBA can take a hardline approach and at the very least would cause the Olympic tournament to be very diluted.