website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Weather Thread

heywoodu

I’m curious about what’s funny @hckosice? Did I miss something, or did you just enjoy my excitement?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Yep :p

It’s only snowed 3 times in this town since I was born, and I can only remember two of those times. This is something that just doesn’t happen often, and I love snow, so I get just a little bit excited. I want to move somewhere where it snows more often.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I love snow, so I get just a little bit excited.

I understand and I am really happy for you :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I want to move somewhere where it snows more often.

but this is the exact kind of sentences you´ll regret once you´ll move to such place :p

4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

but this is the exact kind of sentences you´ll regret once you´ll move to such place :p

The only downside is driving, and I don’t drive, so...

Get myself a pair of backcountry skis and I’ll be fine. I’ll skate/cycle when it’s dry, and ski when it snows.

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

Much like when you finally get to go to a beach, within five minutes you'll be like "fuck I hate this damn sand everywhere" :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

It’s been 4 days since I’ve seen the sun. I miss him :(. Rain, snow, snow, rain

Seeing @Olympian1010 getting excited about snow is like seeing myself :lol: I'm happy you got some snow for the first time in years, it looks like it was more than just a little dusting!

I'd like some snow here too pretty please :fingers: (although I'll probably see a lot of it in january during my internship which will be in the Pyrénées mountains)

Community member took this photo yesterday when the skies cleared for a few hours in the morning

DD8AAC76-96EA-47A5-81F9-4E5653739CC4.jpeg