website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Weather Thread

heywoodu

That feeling when a storm prepares to move in and your town’s temperature is just above freezing, but the forecast says the temperature will dip well below freezing...after the storm leaves ?. It’s been 7 years without snow. It’d be nice to get some.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

We’re getting a fricken bomb cyclone. We all laughed at this storm earlier in SoCal, but now it’s getting serious. There’s going to be a lot of places breaking single day rainfall records. Thankfully my town improved our drainage a few years back. The mountains are 50-70mph winds with several feet of snow (there’s a real blizzard), and the rest of us are getting hurricane force winds and rain apparently. I have to walk to university tomorrow, not looking forward to it ?. The looming prospect of snow is a very nice touch though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Our forecast calls for snow in a few hours!!! It hasn’t snowed in my town since 2014 and 2012 (and before that 2002). I’m going to so, so, so depressed when it doesn’t actually snow (the temperature is supposed to be just above freezing, but that will be enough for it snow supposedly). Doing some snow dances before I go to sleep tonight :banana:. I’m not a man of prayer, but I may just offer one up for snow ❄️ :fingers:

9 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Our forecast calls for snow in a few hours!!! It hasn’t snowed in my town since 2014 and 2012 (and before that 2002). I’m going to so, so, so depressed when it doesn’t actually snow (the temperature is supposed to be just above freezing, but that will be enough for it snow supposedly). Doing some snow dances before I go to sleep tonight :banana:. I’m not a man of prayer, but I may just offer one up for snow ❄️ :fingers:

I officially hate the National Weather Service. Thanksgiving sucks so far.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

I officially hate the National Weather Service. Thanksgiving sucks so far.

I love the National Weather Service. It’s a White Thanksgiving. I’m thankful for the earliest snow my towns ever seen. It’s been 7 years since it last snowed. E88F43AC-FCFA-4A23-8C5C-99CD49BDD8C4.jpeg

2 hours ago, bestmen said:

They will cook 1 Azerbaijan i mean 1 turkey 

Best political joke of the month.

Favorite day of the year :wub:. We got between 3 and 4 inches on the valley floor, 1 foot in the smaller hills, and 2 - 3 feet in the mountains. Got the opportunity to tobogganing. Here’s a few pictures from around the house:

CA1E9279-0906-4D75-8EA8-4E07F8806AD9.jpeg

0C6AF29C-146D-47D7-BFFC-CFBC07F605B9.jpeg

C5EA1335-57E5-4394-A6F9-28C7278A3E35.jpeg