website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Weather Thread

heywoodu

Just now, bestmen said:

yeah the hurricane is coming let's go to Disney :crazy:

Hurricane or no hurricane, I'd say no thanks to that anyway :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Second landfall on the island, Dorian is about to sweep up all that hasn't been destroyed yet. Holy shit.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, bestmen said:

into the eye of the hurricane there is no wind , that's the most secure part

Absolutely, but the danger is that people go outside when the eye passes, without realizing the other side of the eye wall (the stronger side!) is going to hit very soon and very hard.

Based off the fathers jacket it looks like a Bahamaian Olympian, Commonwealth Games member, Pan American athlete has been caught in the storm with his child:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

That is just devastating with what is happening in the Bahamas

Here, we're supposed to be awaiting this "northern turn" that I'm afraid won't happen, so once it passes, these meteorologists (especially those at The Weather Channel) will have a lot to answer for

Except a local meteorologist here who was able to correctly predict Charley (which my town took a direct hit btw) and Irma with a simple ruler, so I'm gonna need him to come through and show them who's boss

5 hours ago, dezbee2008 said:

That is just devastating with what is happening in the Bahamas

Here, we're supposed to be awaiting this "northern turn" that I'm afraid won't happen, so once it passes, these meteorologists (especially those at The Weather Channel) will have a lot to answer for

Except a local meteorologist here who was able to correctly predict Charley (which my town took a direct hit btw) and Irma with a simple ruler, so I'm gonna need him to come through and show them who's boss

I highly doubt he actually made his prediction with a simple ruler :p

No meteorologist has anything to answer for by the way, there's a gazillion factors involved in what happens with a hurricane. I mean, a week ago it looked highly unlikely Dorian would even come close to category 5 and now it's been totally destroying the land it hit.

This is horrifying. Look at the time, this loop is over 5 hours and it's barely even moved halfway across the island.

Hard to imagine such beauty can cause such deadly destruction.

EDaKZWVXoAEIRhC?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by heywoodu

Can we give some people to Dorian as a sort of sacrifice to keep it away?

Freeport, home to almost 50 thousand people, is going to be totally destroyed..

Edited by heywoodu