website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

Belarussian weightlifter Andrei Rybakov (double world champion, double Olympic silver medalist, double world record holder) is next, surprise surprise, it's meldonium. 

http://www.iwf.net/2016/04/01/public-disclosure-66/

Slovak wrestler Istvan Levai as well, bronze at the 2015 European Games and gold at 2012 European championships:

http://sport.pravda.sk/ostatne-sporty/clanok/388356-aj-najlepsi-slovensky-zapasnik-bral-meldonium-levai-do-ria-asi-nepojde/

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

45 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Belarussian weightlifter Andrei Rybakov (double world champion, double Olympic silver medalist, double world record holder) is next, surprise surprise, it's meldonium. 

http://www.iwf.net/2016/04/01/public-disclosure-66/

Slovak wrestler Istvan Levai as well, bronze at the 2015 European Games and gold at 2012 European championships:

http://sport.pravda.sk/ostatne-sporty/clanok/388356-aj-najlepsi-slovensky-zapasnik-bral-meldonium-levai-do-ria-asi-nepojde/

triple bronze medalist from ECh, in fact he won medal at ech of the last 4 Ech.

well, the thing is pretty weird, as he said, he stopped using the medicine last december right the day when our federation annonced that meldonium will be since january banned.. but unfortunately aparently some traces of this substance remained still in his body also in february during the testing.

here his quote :

"I do not understand why this substance remained almost three months after the last using still in my body. I hope everything will be clarified and I will be able to continue to represent the sports and Slovakia, which gave me a chance and changed not only my life but also for my brothers, for my family. "

That´s pretty unfortunate, he was our only real chance to have a wrestler at OG. it will have a huge devastating result for our wrestling, but well, what we can do...he is caught, that´s the fact, he will be punished, his dream of Rio is gone. now let´s hope he will not be punished too hard and will be able to return back to fight for Tokyo.

9 minutes ago, hckosice said:

triple bronze medalist from ECh, in fact he won medal at ech of the last 4 Ech.

well, the thing is pretty weird, as he said, he stopped using the medicine last december right the day when our federation annonced that meldonium will be since january banned.. but unfortunately aparently some traces of this substance remained still in his body also in february during the testing.

here his quote :

"I do not understand why this substance remained almost three months after the last using still in my body. I hope everything will be clarified and I will be able to continue to represent the sports and Slovakia, which gave me a chance and changed not only my life but also for my brothers, for my family. "

That´s pretty unfortunate, he was our only real chance to have a wrestler at OG. it will have a huge devastating result for our wrestling, but well, what we can do...he is caught, that´s the fact, he will be punished, his dream of Rio is gone. now let´s hope he will not be punished too hard and will be able to return back to fight for Tokyo.

I think it's more likely that he (and the others) are lying and that they took it after 1 January..

I mean, there are also studies showing that meldonium is only detectable for a few days, certainly not for 2 months, so it's hard to believe these excuses :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I think it's more likely that he (and the others) are lying and that they took it after 1 January..

I mean, there are also studies showing that meldonium is only detectable for a few days, certainly not for 2 months, so it's hard to believe these excuses :( 

yeah sure. I´m not trying to defend him, just explaining what I noticed on our medias about the case.

The fact is he was caught, so thats all.   I remember his coach said he will not start at ECh this year and focusing for Zrenjanin and the european olympic qualifiers, because as his coach said he is in the shape of his life..so that´s even bit weird for us. but well, what can we do?:d

17 minutes ago, Майкл said:

There're way more dangerous substances than meldonium, but oh well...

No doubt about it, but it was announced months before that it would be banned, it was on the watch list for a longer time already and everyone was warned a million times.

In my opinion athletes who are still caught are either extremely, incredibly, horribly stupid with the IQ of a mosquito, or simple cheaters. Both aren't really good.

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

No doubt about it, but it was announced months before that it would be banned, it was on the watch list for a longer time already and everyone was warned a million times.

In my opinion athletes who are still caught are either extremely, incredibly, horribly stupid with the IQ of a mosquito, or simple cheaters. Both aren't really good.

Most of those who were tested positive are amongst the top athletes and they probably didn't even pay attention what pills they were taking... They're probably too lazy to check the list themselves and that's why they trust their doctors more than they should, lol.