website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

10 minutes ago, Dragon said:

The rumours are that CAS will be tougher than some federations at allowing athletes to compete but may overturn the IOC decision to ban people with prior doping convictions

thanks

So we already have 31 positive in weightlifting, 21 in London, 10 in Beijing. 31 from 28 athletes as Zairov, Ilyin and Khurshudyan tested positive twice in both olympics !

here is the numbers

Armenia 3 (from 2 athletes)

Azerbaijan 4 (from 3 athletes)

Belarus 4

Georgia 1

Kazakhstan 6 (from 5 athletes)

Moldova 2

Russia 7

Turkey 3

Ukraine 1

if IWF still wants to ban countries with 3 positives tests, they have to ban Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Turkey and maybe Armenia. I don't mention Azerbaijan as they are already banned.

and there are more rumors about Kazakh weightlifters like Sedov and Grabotskaya That will be a crime if they let Kazakhstan participate, if you take a look, out of 5 male weightlifters they are sending to Rio, 4 of them had been banned before ! Kharki, Ulanov, Zaichikov and Rahimov.

Edited by MHSN

So we are still waiting for golf and weightlifting to give out their ruling. Here are the net quota reductions from each sport, assuming I got everything correct.

Aquatics – 7

Athletics – Full Ban

Canoeing – 5

Cycling – 6

Modern Pentathlon – 1

Rowing – 22

Wrestling – 1

In modern pentathlon they also banned a reserve athlete (though it doesn’t count), in rowing I counted the coxwains since they can’t compete (though technically they aren’t banned) and in sailing Russia lost an athlete, but they are allowed to replace him. For other sports no action has been taken.