website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

1 minute ago, bestmen said:

ENTIRE Russian team of 387 athletes will be banned from competing at the Rio Olympics as punishment for their country’s state-sponsored doping programme

387 :yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

here

No :lol:

Read some posts above you please, this is Daily Mail bullshit :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Ahora, Crolympic said:

When we will know in which sports Russia will be banned?

I assume it'll be anounced IF by IF during the week. I also bet IWF will be harsh, and IJF and FINA will act as the enablers they are.

The decision is not so bad like somebody wants. But unfortunately we lost a lot of athletes with this politicians games. I hope IAAF can create new rules and we can see at least Isinbayeva, Shubenkov, Litvinov, Kuchina in track and field.

But Olympics is still stay alive!

1 minutę temu, Dmitry napisał:

The decision is not so bad like somebody wants. But unfortunately we lost a lot of athletes with this politicians games. I hope IAAF can create new rules and we can see at least Isinbayeva, Shubenkov, Litvinov, Kuchina in track and field.

But Olympics is still stay alive!

Can you tell me which sportsmen are out ?

il y a 5 minutes, heywoodu a déclaré:

I'm sad for Stepanova, but everything put together, I think the IOC has done a relatively good job. If I had to give this decision a note from 1-10, I would go for a 6 or 7 :p 

And we also set a precedent to ban any allready convicted dopers from the Olympics. Something baddly needed.

"The IOC EB took note of a letter dated 23 July 2016 from the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF). In this letter the ISSF confirms having received from WADA information about the three “disappearing samples” concerning shooting. The ISSF states that these three samples had been entered, at the time they were reported, into WADA’s ADAMS Results Management System as positives, and all the result management procedures have already been followed."

Very interesting about the facts in the McLaren's report

il y a 8 minutes, orangeman a déclaré:

Every time a Russian steps on a podium in 2016 there will be whispers.  The IOC's fear of harming the Olympics has just discredited dozens of events.  Maybe they should hold a special ceremony for the 4th/5th place people from now on.  

Yep it's what i think also.