website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

11 hours ago, intoronto said:

Possible Reallocations for Canoeing:

Canoeing slalom: K1: :HUN C1: :JPN C2: :ITA K1W: :NED (likely to decline, in that case :CAN)

Canoe sprint: K1 200: :HUN K1 1000: :IRL  K2 200: :SWE K2 1000: :ITA K4 1000: (+1 quota) :GER C1 200: :FRA C1 1000: :SVK (Canada would get this quota, but they qualified already, which is unfair for C1 200, as if Canada qualified here then they would have qualified the boat at the Continental qualifier, not sure what will happen here lol) C2 1000: :CAN K1W 200: :GBR K1W 500: :AUT 

Most of these nations in sprint canoeing already received reallocations in various ways. :d

#banbestmen

If I correctly understand Nenad Lalovic (president of UWW) there is a possibility that  Federation of all sports decide whether Russia can go to the Olympic Games under the Olympic flag (* only if IOC suspend them). He said that in this case it will not prevent Russia athletes to go in Rio because he will not have evidence that wrestlers was positive on doping.

I also heard that FIG is against total DSQ of Russia team. And also CEV and FINA.

Just now, dareza said:

If I correctly understand Nenad Lalovic (president of UWW) there is a possibility that  Federation of all sports decide whether Russia can go to the Olympic Games under the Olympic flag (* only if IOC suspend them). He said that in this case it will not prevent Russia athletes to go in Rio because he will not have evidence that wrestlers was positive on doping.

I also heard that FIG is against total DSQ of Russia team. And also CEV and FINA.

Badminton federation as well if I'm not mistaken, although that's not so important seeing as Russia won't win a medal there anyway normally :p 

I do expect the Russian NOC to be banned, but I also expect most Russian athletes to be in Rio (under Olympic flag). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Badminton federation as well if I'm not mistaken, although that's not so important seeing as Russia won't win a medal there anyway normally :p 

I do expect the Russian NOC to be banned, but I also expect most Russian athletes to be in Rio (under Olympic flag). 

Well, Im somehow sure for aquatics sports. (read this: Efimova :whistle:)

I think Russia will perform in most sports (except athletics, weightlifting and swimming). The only thing I want to athletes competed under the flag of Russia, otherwise it would be a repetition of 1992, when there were already a broken country.

Edited by FC Mezhgorye