website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans Thread (2016 & 2017)

heywoodu

To finish this discussion I will summarize the position of the Russian fans from our forums:

1. A few weeks ago we read an interview Rodchenkov, where there were many fantastic words (FSB agents, drugs with alcohol, the hole in the wall, etc.).

2. Assembled a Commission which was to investigate these words.

3. The Commission repeated the Rodchenkov's words, but when McLaren asked about the evidence, he said that "We don't know how it was all done, but we know it could be done". This is ridiculousThis is not the response for which was spent so much money on the investigation.

4.  The report contains a lot of strange things that are hard to believe. For example, the firm, which produces bottles for samples said to open them is impossible. http://www.berlinger.com/drug-and-doping-control/media/media-release-detail/mclarenwada-investigation-of-sochi-2014-allegations/ And if McLaren will be able to open them and show everyone how to do it and we believe. Because in Rio we will see the same bottle. And this is the problem for all athletes.

5. We are very angry because there is a possibility that Russia will not participate in Rio.

6. Rodchenkov was an important man in the system and we believe that this could be, but we just want to see it (pictures, letters, witnesses, the names of the athletes, the exposed sample, something)

7. We are sad because everyone is saying that Russians are bad, but do not say why.

8. We don't like Mutko and all these officials that to win will use any means

9. We want to have suspended all the athletes taking doping, but we want clean athletes participated because we know what effort they made to get to the Rio (especially the Paralympians)

10. We are waiting for the rechecking of doping tests from Russian athletes Sochi 2014. This is the only way to show that all that was really.

P.S. I know Olga Vilukhina since childhood and I saw how she trained to win the silver medal. She always had health problems, but she trained more and better than anyone. And now everyone says she's a criminal. But nobody can prove it. It's like the judicial system in North Korea.

Edited by FC Mezhgorye

21 минуту назад, heywoodu сказал:

This is quite a good letter from Sergey Litvinov about all that (from earlier this month):

Yeah, I've read that letter. If I'm not mistaken, he didn't get any answer?

One more note from Russians.

You said about anger of Russian sports fans - yes, many of us have that feeling. In the end it's hard to believe anyone about this deal. Of course, as every person, I wait for positive ending of the story, but things are going worse and worse. 

I also waited for some actions from WADA to build anti-doping control in Russia by itself(or some documents how it should be done), but there are none of them and it's the worst  thing in all the story. It's easy to destroy and hard to build.

If we talk about possibility of reality of that story - that can be true(but seems that in some diiferent way than it was shown in the report). In Russia sport is one of the ways to the richness - for Olympic gold medal you can get 200000$(!!!) and new Mercedes(!!!) from the government. For usual sportsperson these money is enermous. More than that, nearly all professional sport in Russia is sponsored by the government.

And when somebody becomes an athlete and goes to that glory and money, there IS a chance he will try to cheat. Think - what can you do, if once you can get a chance to get all that money(and after that there is high possibility you will stay become popular through all your life)? 

A few of the athletes, unfortunately, choose the wrong way.

But sorry, I don't see any connection between that and people who not only compete, but know that they're Russians and try to defend themselves any way they can.

The thread is still opened, ask, if you want to.

11 hours ago, tigersay said:

Yeah, I've read that letter. If I'm not mistaken, he didn't get any answer?

One more note from Russians.

You said about anger of Russian sports fans - yes, many of us have that feeling. In the end it's hard to believe anyone about this deal. Of course, as every person, I wait for positive ending of the story, but things are going worse and worse. 

I also waited for some actions from WADA to build anti-doping control in Russia by itself(or some documents how it should be done), but there are none of them and it's the worst  thing in all the story. It's easy to destroy and hard to build.

If we talk about possibility of reality of that story - that can be true(but seems that in some diiferent way than it was shown in the report). In Russia sport is one of the ways to the richness - for Olympic gold medal you can get 200000$(!!!) and new Mercedes(!!!) from the government. For usual sportsperson these money is enermous. More than that, nearly all professional sport in Russia is sponsored by the government.

And when somebody becomes an athlete and goes to that glory and money, there IS a chance he will try to cheat. Think - what can you do, if once you can get a chance to get all that money(and after that there is high possibility you will stay become popular through all your life)? 

A few of the athletes, unfortunately, choose the wrong way.

But sorry, I don't see any connection between that and people who not only compete, but know that they're Russians and try to defend themselves any way they can.

The thread is still opened, ask, if you want to.

You make a valid point about WADA's plans to develop reliable anti-doping controls in Russia. However, that is going to require a genuine acceptance across Russian sport including administrators, coaches and athletes as well as the country's politicians that there is a major problem if the necessary level of cooperation is going to be achieved to move forward on this. At present too many people still seem to be in denial. The McLaren Report covers the period from 2011-2015, but it is clear that the problems since the closure of the Moscow lab and the introduction of neutral testers have been significant with evasion and obstructionism in many cases as outlined in the WADA report published in June.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/36542577

1 hour ago, Dmitry said:

Martin Johnsrud Sundby disqualified for 2 months.

And even bigger, he loses the 2015 Tour de Ski and overall World Cup victories :yikes:

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

And even bigger, he loses the 2015 Tour de Ski and overall World Cup victories :yikes:

Petter Northug finally won Tour de Ski.

Edited by Dmitry

Italy's Roberta Caputo (Sailing, Women's 470) tested positive for Clostebol (which is a steroid)...

she will be replaced by Elena Berta, to make the team with Alice Sinno (Italy will keep their right to participate, according to our NOC)...

I am absolutely shocked to hear that he cheated, i always thought that a small country like Norway is so dominant in a sport that is 100% about endurance, because they love it so much? :mumble:

I am also very shocked to hear that a guy, who suddenly started to destroy everyone else at a high age isnt clean, i always thought that he just trained more than everyone else? :mumble:

Of course Northug, Weng, Björgen, Östberg, Johaug and so on are absolutely clean, there cant be any doubt about that, the show must go on! :clap:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.