website statistics

Swimming Pan Pacific Championships 2018

Totallympics

• 2 weeks later...

:CAN Taylor Ruck!!!  :yikes: Ledecky lost again over 200m Free (she was 3rd, beaten not only by Ruck, by also by :JPN Ikee)...even if we have to say that she swam 8.09 over the 800m Free half an hour before swimming the 200m...

meanwhile, :AUS Cate Campbell swam 50.9 in the anchor leg of the Mixed Medley Relay (Caeleb Dressel swam 50.50 in the Fly leg for the USA)...

6 minutes ago, phelps said:

meanwhile, :AUS Cate Campbell swam 50.9 in the anchor leg of the Mixed Medley Relay (Caeleb Dressel swam 50.50 in the Fly leg for the USA)...

So? :d They were on different styles and Dressel would put on her 4-5 seconds on the freestyle h2h. :d

23 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

So? :d They were on different styles and Dressel would put on her 4-5 seconds on the freestyle h2h. :d

This is why I like the Mixed Relay format

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

20 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

This is why I like the Mixed Relay format

Yes, I also love formats where it's near impossible to follow what's going on and who is actually doing well or not without thinking "they are ahead, so they are in best position".

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Campbell :roflmao:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 ore fa, Federer91 ha scritto:

so, nothing...

I was just reporting the best results of the day (and Campbell's time is one of them) and some other clockings by the most famous swimmers competing in Japan this week (and Dressel is surely one of those)...

there was no comparison at all between their results (I think you should know that I'm not a fan of certain events and I'm experienced -old- enough to avoid certain "impossible" comparisons...

p.s. I forgot to mention also the 4.07 by Kalisz in the men's 400 IM from today's action...

Edited by phelps

today's best from Tokyo...

100m Free
Women: :AUS Cate Campbell, 52.03; :USA Simone Manuel, 52.66; :CAN Taylor Ruck, 52.72  
Men: :AUS Kyle Chalmers, 48.00; :USA Caeleb Dressel, 48.22 

200m Fly
Women: :USA Hali Flickinger, 2.07.35; :JPN Sachi Mochida, 2.07.66 
Men: :JPN Daiya Seto, 1.54.34; :BRA Leonardo De Deus, 1.54.89;  :USA Zach Harting, 1.55.05 

100m Back
Women: :CAN Kylie Masse, 58.61; :AUS Emily Seebohm, 58.72; :USA Kathleen Baker, 58.83; :USA Regan Smith, 58.95   
Men: :USA Ryan Murphy, 51.94; :JPN Ryosuke Irie, 52.78; :AUS Mitch Larkin, 52.88; :USA Matt Grevers, 52.99   

4*200m Free Relay
Women: :AUS Australia, 7.44.12 (Titmus, 1.55.27 in 1st Leg); :USA United States, 7.44.37 (Ledecky, 1.53.84 in the anchor Leg); :CAN Canada, 7.47.28 (Ruck, 1.54.08 in 2nd Leg); :JPN Japan, 7.48.96 (Ikee, 1.54.69 in 2nd Leg)   
Men: :USA United States, 7.04.36 (Haas, 1.43.78 in the anchor Leg); :AUS Australia, 7.04.70 (Cartwright, 1.45.52 in 3rd Leg) 

Edited by phelps