website statistics

Speed Skating 2018 - 2019 Discussion Thread

heywoodu

On 14-10-2018 at 22:44, Gianlu33 said:

1:56,80 for Lollobrigida in the 1590m, that's amazing! :woot:

Imagine her time in the 1500m :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Miho Takagi is on fire. 37.97 in Nagano, breaking her PB (38.15) and moving her to only a few hundredths of a second behind Anni Friesinger on the Adelskalendern :)

http://evertstenlund.se/adeld.htm

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6:51.02 for Esmee Visser in Inzell, only a second or so slower than her Olympic gold medal time :yikes:

16 minuti fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

6:51.02 for Esmee Visser in Inzell, only a second or so slower than her Olympic gold medal time :yikes:

yeah, but the track in Inzell has become very fast...all those PBs smashed by the Italian skaters are there to show there's a technological improvement in that track...I just can't imagine all of them becoming that fast in a year's time because of their training...

7 minutes ago, phelps said:

yeah, but the track in Inzell has become very fast...all those PBs smashed by the Italian skaters are there to show there's a technological improvement in that track...I just can't imagine all of them becoming that fast in a year's time because of their training...

Sure, but still 6:51 by a woman is insanely fast, let alone in October :d 

The Dutch marathon (mass start, but for real instead of the international joke) competition started last night, with mass start Olympic champion Lee Seung-hoo as one of the new guys, he signed a contract for this season for one of the bigger teams. One problem....he forgot his skates, so couldn't start :lol:

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

The Dutch marathon (mass start, but for real instead of the international joke) competition started last night, with mass start Olympic champion Lee Seung-hoo as one of the new guys, he signed a contract for this season for one of the bigger teams. One problem....he forgot his skates, so couldn't start :lol:

What are the chances for the king of marathon races to take place this year. There’s never been one (that I can remember) in my life time. I want that eleven cities

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

What are the chances for the king of marathon races to take place this year. There’s never been one (that I can remember) in my life time. I want that eleven cities

It's nearly impossible to make an accurate prediction of the weather in January and February this early :p