website statistics

Short Track Speed Skating 2018 - 2019 Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, Bearas said:

:LTU first and only Olympic short track skater Agnė Sereikaitė announced about her retirement from sport at the age of 24

Ah, come on she was my favorite! She was one of the first Speed skaters in know by name.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Ah, come on she was my favorite! She was one of the first Speed skaters in know by name.

Mine was Apolo Ohno because when I was a kid and short track was still an obscurity besides the 'real' speed skating (at least here) I thought his name was so awesome :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Steven Bradbury all the way, even my mom who never saw a single second of this sport know who he is :d

Nowadays that's the one that would stuck in my mind the most as a non-fan, but 'Apolo Ohno' just had some mythical tone to my young ears :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The only sped skaters I could name of the top of my head would be Apolo Ohno, Victor Ahn, Serekaite, Wu Daijing, JR Celeski, Anja Chong, JH Kruger, Simon Elistrov, Valiere Maltis, (okay I think I’ve got a small love of this sport.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...

No Sjinkie Knegt to defend his European title at home in Dordrecht next month, he has a rather serious leg injury after an accident at home where he got trapped between a door and his fork lift :facepalm: 

• 4 weeks later...

Not even a month later, and more Knegt-news: while lighting the fire at his house (one of those wood things), his clothes caught fire and he sustained severe burns, especially one of his legs is in bad shape. An ambulance and even a helicopter came to his house and apparently he is suffering from third degree burns. That's definitely gonna be the end of his season, let's wait and see if he ever comes back at all.