website statistics

Luge 2018 - 2019 Discussion Thread

phelps

Penz/Fischler retired, Eggert/Benecken out for half the season...luckily it's only a post-Olympic season.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

USA luge announced that Chris Mazder and Jason Terdiman will form a Doubles pairing. Good move I think

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

USA luge announced that Chris Mazder and Jason Terdiman will form a Doubles pairing. Good move I think

I did not see that coming :yikes:

Too bad he's joining Terdiman and not Matt Mortensen, at least the Dutch Eurosport commentator can 'somewhat' pronounce 'Mortensen', but 'Terdiman'? Forget it.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 10/17/2018 at 12:00, heywoodu said:

I did not see that coming :yikes:

Too bad he's joining Terdiman and not Matt Mortensen, at least the Dutch Eurosport commentator can 'somewhat' pronounce 'Mortensen', but 'Terdiman'? Forget it.

Mortensen retired and joined the military 

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

The 2010 Olympic gold medal winner and multiple WCH medalist, Tatjana Hüfner, will retire after this season. This decision has been taken due to many injuries and health problems in the recent years. 

Now Geisenberger and then the road is open for Eitberger :cheer: 

• 3 weeks later...

@hckosice Check out the winner in the men's Youth A in the Junior World Cup :d 

https://www.fil-luge.org/cdn/uploads/12-5-18-youth-a-mens-race-1-official-results.pdf

For everyone who is not hckosice:

Spoiler

Shut up and don't tell him about how there were no Germans in this race