website statistics

Ice Hockey 2018 - 2019 Discussion Thread

phelps

Kirill Urakov Dude that wasn´t the smartest move ever to challenge Mišo Čajkovský...even if yes credit that he tried to revenge his teammate because the Čajkovský hit was a clear foul and deserve punition, but yeah..Čajkovský is Čajkovský :p

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/11/2018 at 19:34, dcro said:

Yes, go Medveščak!

Although I consider myself to be fairly neutral since I am for example completely clueless when it comes to current league standings. :p

2 months later and the situation does not look good at all for Medveščak, apparently the huge financial troubles are hurting the club more and more and right now the situation is almost hopeless.

From what I understood, the main sponsors abandoned the organization, leaving the club in huge problems, they weren´t even able to pay the arena in Zagreb so the players had to trains some 50 km far from Zagreb in Sisak. and since the club was penalized because of big debts, they can not buy players, and by this have no money anymore, players have no basic material like sticks or other basic equipment, no basic medical services, one of the players who injured in a match (broken leg) had apparently to return home at his own costs.

Players have not received payment for several months. After 12 players left the club last month another 9 players have decided to quit the club this week, so only 12 players (2 of them are Goaltenders) travelled to Bolzano for the last match :yikes:

in this situation is no surprise that the last 5 matches ended in a disastrous way 0:12, 0:6, 2:10, 0:13 and 0:11.  Last place in the standing with current score 71:205.

However The EBEL´s leadershipe gave to Medveščak a special permission to play matches with less than 15 players, to help the team to at least finish this league Regular season.

have you any link where I can find more about it ?

Just now, hckosice said:

2 months later and the situation does not look good at all for Medveščak, apparently the huge financial troubles are hurting the club more and more and right now the situation is almost hopeless.

From what I understood, the main sponsors abandoned the organization, leaving the club in huge problems, they weren´t even able to pay the arena in Zagreb so the players had to trains some 50 km far from Zagreb in Sisak. and since the club was penalized because of big debts, they can not buy players, and by this have no money anymore, players have no basic material like sticks or other basic equipment, no basic medical services, one of the players who injured in a match (broken leg) had apparently to return home at his own costs.

Players have not received payment for several months. After 12 players left the club last month another 9 players have decided to quit the club this week, so only 12 players (2 of them are Goaltenders) travelled to Bolzano for the last match :yikes:

in this situation is no surprise that the last 5 matches ended in a disastrous way 0:12, 0:6, 2:10, 0:13 and 0:11.  Last place in the standing with current score 71:205.

However The EBEL´s leadershipe gave to Medveščak a special permission to play matches with less than 15 players, to help the team to at least finish this league Regular season.

have you any link where I can find more about it ?

Well, I haven't heard anything about that.

At least I managed to attend a game before the club fell apart. :lol: And I'm guessing that's gonna happen very soon based on your reply.

#banbestmen

Whoops.

vLMn2hz.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Em 14/01/2019 at 10:15, hckosice disse:

Kirill Urakov Dude that wasn´t the smartest move ever to challenge Mišo Čajkovský...even if yes credit that he tried to revenge his teammate because the Čajkovský hit was a clear foul and deserve punition, but yeah..Čajkovský is Čajkovský :p

How come he's not banned for life after doing it? I know ice hockey is famous for brawls, but are these even allowed?

6 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

How come he's not banned for life after doing it? I know ice hockey is famous for brawls, but are these even allowed?

He was banned 2 matches but not for the brawl, but for the foul he commited, which I agree was really dangerous and stupid. The brawls are pretty common in mens ice hockey, nothing strange there.