website statistics

Ice Hockey 2018 - 2019 Discussion Thread

phelps

1 minute ago, Col_Frost said:

That's very sad :( I was watching first period (couldn't watch whole match) and puck sometimes was moving in strange direction but I didn't expect that we can't prepare ice correctly to play whole 60 minutes. Not so long time ago we host WCh regularly (of course not elite, but still...). Rest of the match will be played tomorrow. Unfortunately I can't find any information about time for rest of the matches. Maybe tournament will be postponed and finish at Monday (strange thing, but it's holiday in Poland this year)? It's all chaos. It's even sadder if you think that this is tournament in the occasion of 100th anniversary of the restoration of Poland's sovereignty.

And about Polish hockey players. I don't want go into details, because it's more complicated. In short it looks like that: players want money for past matches, federation don't want to pay the whole amount - they claim that promise of payments was whim of ex-presidents, not idea of federation itself :dunno:

Well, it´s not like it´s the first time such thing happened, Ice issues are not so uncommon everywhere, even in top countries it happen sometimes. That´s not in fact so big deal or thing to be ashamed, they just have to fix it and the tournament can continue until Monday like you said, or if other teams disagree, because many leagues are scheduled already for tuesday, they just can pair teams and do a KO tournament, with semifinals tomorrow and finals on Sunday. Let´s see what will happen tomorrow.

Yes, that´s exactly what I heard, I know this feeling, we had boycotting players (all our 50 top players) boycotting the National Team for almost two years, fighting against peoples leading our federation, it was so frustrating and sad to follow that "war"...thankfully it s now over, we are slowly restarting our hockey, but we lost a lot during this period...and it will took a while until we will recover, hopefully it will go better and quickly in Poland

and now a huge mess occured also in Budapest, The match Hungary vs South Korea has been cancelled :lol: due to big troubles, first the plexi behind one of the goal was boken and the organizers somehow couldn´t fix that,after they finally solved that, the referee found huge ice issue around the red line and this problem showed later to be impossible to be fixed, after a hour and half of waiting both teams and officials agreed the match will be cancelled and replayed ....next APRIL PRIOR TO THE DIVISION I A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP in Astana :roflmao: The tournament will resume and finish tomorrow with the last remaining match Hungary vs Italy...ofc if the ice issue will be solved

Global warming has arrived

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Summer sport, that´s all, I said ya

There's a reason I've been telling you forever hockey is meant to be played on grass, not on ice.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minuty temu, heywoodu napisał:

There's a reason I've been telling you forever hockey is meant to be played on grass, not on ice.

Where and when did you see a field hockey match on grass last time? :p 

Edited by Col_Frost