website statistics

Biathlon 2018 - 2019 Discussion Thread

Xander

And a second blow for Russia in one day:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 weeks later...

Holy smokes :yikes:

Olha Abramova:

OuOXSP1.jpg

Women's team for Pokljuka:

Vita Semerenko

Valya Semerenko

Yulia Dzhyma

Olena Pidhrushna

Anastasia Merkushyna

The 6th one will be selected later. Unfortunately Belarusians didn't cancel Blashko's quarantine.

47 minutes ago, Werloc said:

What do you think about the announced changes? I think some are pretty awful, but I liked the personal quota idea.

http://www.biathlonworld.com/news/detail/new-season-new-rules

I like the shortened penalization for the individuals

Mass Start 60: Awful, why on earth does biathlon need such a complicated and even unfair format? (since the first shooting bouts will be at different points in the race for half the field, that's just unfair)

Flexible mixed formats: I don't care

Junior Cup: Nothing wrong with a Nation's Cup there, although like in the IBU Cup it probably doesn't mean that much

Electronic targets: They may make it more fair

Extra quota: I'm not entirely sure how this works. They take the IBU qualifying list, remove every single athlete from every country with at least one WC quota, and the top-8 left gets a WC quota regardless of their results? I wonder if that opens the door for Australia or even Brazil to have a WC starter (which in the women's case would be Jill Colebourn and lovely Bruna Moura respectively). Personal start quota for the IBU Cup total winner seems excellent.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Laura Dahlmeier is ill and has to take a longer break in Training. She most likely won't compete at the very least in the first few World Cups.

Dahlmeier is ill, snow is cold, etc :(

• 2 weeks later...