website statistics

Biathlon 2018 - 2019 Discussion Thread

Xander

Apparently I was wrong, looking at the SMR/mixed days of last season. I guess it was only allowed in the IBU Cup then.

Strange that it wouldn't be allowed in the World Cup, one would expect a federation wanting the strongest athletes in most races.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Apparently I was wrong, looking at the SMR/mixed days of last season. I guess it was only allowed in the IBU Cup then.

Strange that it wouldn't be allowed in the World Cup, one would expect a federation wanting the strongest athletes in most races.

I could have sworn that I heard a Eurosport commentator talking about someone doubling up. It's not just you :d

Just now, Werloc said:

I could have sworn that I heard a Eurosport commentator talking about someone doubling up. It's not just you :d

And I could swear I actually saw it in start lists, but I think that was only in the IBU Cup (where it did happen) :p 

There's a realistic chance of Brazil doubling up this season, so good thing it's allowed :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

And I could swear I actually saw it in start lists, but I think that was only in the IBU Cup (where it did happen) :p 

There's a realistic chance of Brazil doubling up this season, so good thing it's allowed :d 

I knew it had to be either Japan, Estonia, Romania, Slovenia or us :p

Just now, Werloc said:

I knew it had to be either Japan, Estonia, Romania, Slovenia or us :p

I looked at Japan's husband/wife couple and Poland :p 

Just now, heywoodu said:

I looked at Japan's husband/wife couple and Poland :p 

I strictly remembered it was a female, so I wasn't looking at the men too much, so that's why I missed Ermits :d

Had a hunch it was the Baltics, but looked at most of the struggling countries :d

Talking about relay compositions, I'm really annoyed there are no mixed (nation) teams anymore, like in the days before the IBU Cup. It'd be fun to see a Brazilian mixed relay team compete against a South American mixed relay team (Ceci Dominguez/Claudia Salcedo + Juan Agurto/a 3rd Brazilian/a new Argentinian).