website statistics

Biathlon 2018 - 2019 Discussion Thread

Xander

19 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Well, sure there nothing 100% certain in this world, but in this matter it doesn´t look like a smart bet :d even in this video she clearly expressed no more individual starts, "maybe-likely" only in the W relays. (and even there I´m pretty sure not in all of them)

So many announcements from her and then she does the opposite of what she announced :p

3 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

So many announcements from her and then she does the opposite of what she announced :p

haha, yes good point, but no, this time it looks trustworthy. Believe me, I´d be the first to be super happy if she´ll decide to compete (despite the fact she is former Russia, she is really considered as our national sports hero and is very popular here based on her various statements about Slovakia and how she is grateful this country helped her and offered her and to her family their new home and sports career possibilities, and ofc she is by far the most successful slovak winter olympian, and still our only winter olympic champion in history if we don´t count Ondrej Nepela who won gold in Sapporo 1972 for Czechoslovakia) :d but I think this time it´s already over, remember she wanted to finish after PyeongChang but our federation managed to persuade her to continue one more year, this time she said it´s over.

but she wants to show her gratitude for Slovakia and our biathlon once more and want and will try to help the relays :hug:

After this article following the interview with czech biathlon federation president about Soukalova in the main Czech news site https://www.idnes.cz/sport/biatlon/jiri-hamza-sef-svaz-rozhovor-ms-ostersund.A190318_190949_biatlon_rou

immediately In all Czecs forums and discussions started the rumors that Gabriela Soukalova is thinking seriously to restart her career, but as it stands now it wil not be easy (to not even say IMPOSSIBLE) in the CZE team after all the dirt things she published on her teammates and coach and all staff in her book  :p so apparently according some rumors there a slim chance that she may very well represent Slovakia, the country of her mother (well, we lost Kuzmina now, so our doors are open ofc) :lol:

She is expecting to announce her plans for the future in May. but seriously any other announcement than a retirement wil be for me personally a big surprise

Soo lots of interesting discussion points in the press.

I did not know it, but India held their Biathlon national championships!  That would be great to see them on the IBU Cup.

Russuan Anti-Doping Agency has reported that there were only 16 cases of suspected doping for 2018, whereas 57 from 2017.

Valentina and Vita Semerenko will be back for at lest one more year.  It seems like there was serious tension this year with the team.  

Krasimir Anev talks to the Bulgarian press  - does not like the future of the sport from his country.

Laura Dahlmeier is weighting on retiring or not.  She gave an interview with ARD radio where she said she will decide in the next month or so.  

24 minutes ago, RobtheAggie said:

Soo lots of interesting discussion points in the press.

I did not know it, but India held their Biathlon national championships!  That would be great to see them on the IBU Cup.

Russuan Anti-Doping Agency has reported that there were only 16 cases of suspected doping for 2018, whereas 57 from 2017.

Valentina and Vita Semerenko will be back for at lest one more year.  It seems like there was serious tension this year with the team.  

Krasimir Anev talks to the Bulgarian press  - does not like the future of the sport from his country.

Laura Dahlmeier is weighting on retiring or not.  She gave an interview with ARD radio where she said she will decide in the next month or so.  

Thanks for the recap. I’d love to see India at the IBU Cup too. I know Sri Lanka attempted to enter a skier at the Asian Games, but they wouldn’t let them. Argentina and Chile have unentered teams too. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I can't see both Anev and Iliev making it to the next Olympics. Maube Iliev, if he digs deep. There are some youngsters after them, but it's hard to know if anything will happen with them. There is a possibility, that after 30 some years, Bulgaria won't have competitive biathlon athletes, neither in the men or women..

33 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I missed this drama.

Okay, so where to start...:p

Basically she wrote that Veronika Vitková is the worst ever possible team mate you can have in a team, Vitkova is by her words a strongly negative and bad person. for example she talks about other people behind their back etc.., she thought (Vitkova) that she was still/always the biggest star and couldn´t swallow the fact that Gabriela became the bigger star so she started bullying Gabriela and forced the whole team to join in this war against Gabi...for example to not speak with her, sit around table the way Gabriela couldn´t find a place and had to eat alone, etc... 

Then she apparently accused the whole bunch of coaches, from her first coach to be the cause of her health problems during her younger ages and then the national team coaches Rybář and Vítek to cause her the problems with her legs because of bad trainings and skiing methods they were forcing her to parctice and because of that she had to miss the whole season...plus a lot of bullying things from the NT, federation etc...in shortly a typical bitchfights..you can find everything, you just have to buy her book :p 

There allso a chapter about her younger ages, that she lost her virginity at 15 with some Heavy Metal musician or something, I don´t remember very well. Then she admitted her problems with Anorexia and Bulimia because of her coach saying her, you are fat. and she also speaks that to have a quick sex is the best way to prepare a race a couple of hours before the start, and it helped her a lot, it was like a sort of meditation for her. I´m not joking :p 

some links in Czech:

https://www.idnes.cz/sport/biatlon/gabriela-koukalova-versus-veronika-vitkova-kniha-jina.A180412_132136_biatlon_mt2

https://www.krajskelisty.cz/praha/19373-holky-se-tvari-sladce-a-pak-vas-za-zady-podrazi-gabina-vs-verca-divci-valka-v-biatlonu-kdo-fandi-vitkove.htm

http://www.tvnoviny.sk/sport/1915884_biatlonistka-koukalova-v-knihe-opisala-pikantnosti-zo-sukromia-prvy-sex-aj-striptiz-v-bare