website statistics

Biathlon 2018 - 2019 Discussion Thread

Xander

4 minuten geleden, hckosice zei:

Just to be sure, you guys will not be confused this season, when this name will appear near the :FIN flag. 

Mari Eder http://www.biathlonworld.com/news/detail/mari-eder-austria-finland-biathlon-cross-country-marriage-and-motivation

Yeah, it'd have been easier if she had found some Finnish guy like, I don't know, Jari Lauranen or something :p Soukalova/Koukalova-style

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, rybak said:

I read about this already yesterday, too bad :( What is reason?

they refused to sign the new 4 years contract with the national federation. nothing more specifical is known yet, they said they will reveil more in the next week.

All what was medialized and speculated during the last days was they disagreed with some points in this new deal, for example they wanted apparently only a 1 year deal, but the federation arguing every athlete have to sign the same contract, including 4 years duration of the agreement, and + obviously some marketing and funding things were other disputed matters I guess...but it´s really only speculations, we´ll see their statement next week. the only sure thing is they will not compete this season for sure (at least not for Slovakia, there some rumors about Austria showing some interest...but again, it´s only rumors and speculations)

here one article from last week were they partly revealed what the dispute is about. (in SVK, but I guess you can understand it)

https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/366753/preco-sa-nevedia-dohodnut-slovensky-zvaz-biatlonu-a-sestry-fialkove-na-podpise-zmluvy-o-statnej-reprezentacii/

22 minutes ago, hckosice said:

they refused to sign the new 4 years contract with the national federation. nothing more specifical is known yet, they said they will reveil more in the next week.

All what was medialized and speculated during the last days was they disagreed with some points in this new deal, for example they wanted apparently only a 1 year deal, but the federation arguing every athlete have to sign the same contract, including 4 years duration of the agreement, and + obviously some marketing and funding things were other disputed matters I guess...but it´s really only speculations, we´ll see their statement next week. the only sure thing is they will not compete this season for sure (at least not for Slovakia, there some rumors about Austria showing some interest...but again, it´s only rumors and speculations)

here one article from last week were they partly revealed what the dispute is about. (in SVK, but I guess you can understand it)

https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/366753/preco-sa-nevedia-dohodnut-slovensky-zvaz-biatlonu-a-sestry-fialkove-na-podpise-zmluvy-o-statnej-reprezentacii/

I think they should some random African country to keep for to make Olympic qualification intersting

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Much as I hate to say it, I hope the Slovaks get 0 results this season. Nothing against Slovakia, nothing against the athletes, but 100% because I would love to see the federation be in trouble by a complete and utter lack of results. Banning athletes from competing because they won't sign your little contract...the fuck do you think you are? The Emperor of the World?

1 godzinę temu, heywoodu napisał:

Much as I hate to say it, I hope the Slovaks get 0 results this season. Nothing against Slovakia, nothing against the athletes, but 100% because I would love to see the federation be in trouble by a complete and utter lack of results. Banning athletes from competing because they won't sign your little contract...the fuck do you think you are? The Emperor of the World?

Agree but they have Kuzmina so... :dunno:

Edited by Col_Frost

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, athletes themselves couldn't possibly be a problem. It's a federation by default.

witchhunt.gif

#banbestmen