website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2018 - 2019 Discussion Thread

dcro

3 hours ago, Kirkpatrick said:

Do we have a topic on totallympics where we could rant against Eurosport and other TV channels? :whistle:

Live action, but the so often put those horrible (and very long!) Eurosport player videos.

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Or, and I am not kidding, "Top 5 Naomi Osaka shots US Open final 2018" that takes 2-3 minutes.

I think i have the answer for these breaks. Our commentators have said about them, that since Eurosport broadcasts across multiple countries, there is a variation in the ad time. Let's say in one ad break the UK have bought 5 minutes of ads, but Bulgaria only 2 minutes. In the 3 minute difference, such highlights would be shown in Bulgaria to compensate the difference. 

Just now, Federer91 said:

I think i have the answer for these breaks. Our commentators have said about them, that since Eurosport broadcasts across multiple countries, there is a variation in the ad time. Let's say in one ad break the UK have bought 5 minutes of ads, but Bulgaria only 2 minutes. In the 3 minute difference, such highlights would be shown in Bulgaria to compensate the difference. 

Well yeah, but why not just go back to the sports? :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

According to NRK, Petter Northug will tomorrow at a press meeting at 12:00 in Trondheim say that he will no longer try to come back to the World Cup, and he will likely not be skiing at top cross-country level anymore. 

Edited by wumo26

9 hours ago, wumo26 said:

According to NRK, Petter Northug will tomorrow at a press meeting at 12:00 in Trondheim say that he will no longer try to come back to the World Cup, and he will likely not be skiing at top cross-country level anymore. 

He still thought he was doing that?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

If he did it two years earlier it would at least have been a bit of a worthy end to a career like his...

This is kinda the XC equivalent of fantastic footballers who end up playing in some crappy Qatari league and then announce their retirement and everyone goes like "oh I thought he retired 5 years ago" 

10 hours ago, wumo26 said:

Petter Northug confirmed his retirement today at a press meeting in Trondheim, Norway. 

*shocked*

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela