website statistics

Bobsleigh 2018 - 2019 Discussion Thread

George_D

In a interview with Tennis World USA,  tennis player, Venus Williams, says she plans to compete in Bobsleigh at the 2022 Olympics. 

When asked if that meant she would be competing at the Tokyo Olympics, Williams promptly responded with a Yes, "Yes. And 2024. And 2022 (Winter Olympics). I'm going to be on the bobsleigh team".

Edited by wumo26

Just now, wumo26 said:

In a interview with Tennis World USA,  tennis player, Venus Williams, says she plans to compete in Bobsleigh at the 2022 Olympics. 

When asked if that meant she would be competing at the Tokyo Olympics, Williams promptly responded with a Yes, "Yes. And 2024. And 2022 (Winter Olympics). I'm going to be on the bobsleigh team".

Every US athlete says that now a days, and some how we still are at the bottom of the pack World Cup wise

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Every US athlete says that now a days, and some how we still are at the bottom of the pack World Cup wise

That's only because Serena W. hasn't announced her plans yet.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, Col_Frost said:

Don't be so harsh, that's only situation in men. In women Meyers is doing quite well.

I forgot about her, I’m an idiot. We’re friends on Instagram too. I’m a bad friend apparently. I get lost in my disappointment of the men’s team.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 godzin temu, Olympian1010 napisał:

I forgot about her, I’m an idiot. We’re friends on Instagram too. I’m a bad friend apparently. I get lost in my disappointment of the men’s team.

Well, that won't last forever. Wait when preparations for next OG will start. But I think that you need new drivers. Bascue is still junior, but somehow he didn't convince me to give him chance in next season. Maybe Geoffrey Gadbois and/or Hunter Church? But still I'm really interested how Americans will start in their own track in Lake Placid.

6 hours ago, Col_Frost said:

Well, that won't last forever. Wait when preparations for next OG will start. But I think that you need new drivers. Bascue is still junior, but somehow he didn't convince me to give him chance in next season. Maybe Geoffrey Gadbois and/or Hunter Church? But still I'm really interested how Americans will start in their own track in Lake Placid.

Or we could just borrow Luty

3 godziny temu, Olympian1010 napisał:

Or we could just borrow Luty

You can try and probably you'll succed considering that Polish federation is very poor ;) But if you want someone from Poland maybe you should consider Dawid Kupczyk who is now coach of Czech team (did you see what Dvorak is doing this season?).

3 minutes ago, Col_Frost said:

You can try and probably you'll succed considering that Polish federation is very poor ;) But if you want someone from Poland maybe you should consider Dawid Kupczyk who is now coach of Czech team (did you see what Dvorak is doing this season?).

I know it’s crazy how some smaller federations are making ground right now

42 minuty temu, Olympian1010 napisał:

I know it’s crazy how some smaller federations are making ground right now

Maybe they get some cash for better equipment? In Czech or France is possible, I think. For example Luty is doing much better in twos because he has better sleds. In fours he is riding some old metal thing that could be longer in this sport than him. That and the thing that he has only one good pusher (Tylkowski) so start times in twos are pretty good, but in fours are terrible.

Edited by Col_Frost