website statistics

Bobsleigh 2018 - 2019 Discussion Thread

George_D

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

To put this in a bit of context: almost nobody was there in those races, except for a few Canadians and Americans, sometimes not even 7-8 sleds in total...I mean, it's good for training and all, but this kinda sounds like it should be a big deal, which (for a team with World Cup top-5 potential) it really shouldn't be.. 

But the trick is to sweettalk the general audience into believing that budget cuts were a criminal act. :p

#banbestmen

On 08/11/2018 at 23:13, heywoodu said:

Encouraging result for Rudy Rinaldi/Boris Vain in the North American Cup:

http://www.ibsf.org/en/component/events/event/193147

My favorite athlete, if you’ve ever seen my profile. I have a small love for good athletes from tiny European nations

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 21/11/2018 at 01:05, heywoodu said:

Anthony Rinaldi is there with a sled too now, back in IBSF competition after 8 years :d 

http://www.ibsf.org/en/component/events/event/193159

Not a shock being Prince Albert holds the sport near a dear (he was an Olympic bobsleder after all). Probably no shortage of funding given Rinaldi’s recent success

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Christine de Bruin :CAN making a good monobob debut.

https://www.ibsf.org/en/component/events/event/500068

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Two Latvian Olympians in athletics (Grabuste and Muze) competed. :yikes:

I'm getting annoyed at all those athletics people coming to bobsleigh just to help a driver with a fast start. Oh wait :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

I'm getting annoyed at all those athletics people coming to bobsleigh just to help a driver with a fast start. Oh wait :p

However, judging by single heat rankings, Muze is a bit of a reckless driver...

#banbestmen

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know what happened in North American Cup Calgary (CAN) ?

Why 2-man Bobsleigh has not released results? There is no results in the January 10th competition, and the PDF released on January 11th is not a men's competition.(They just corrected the PDF)

50.png

Edited by Function CR Lee