website statistics

Alpine Skiing 2018 - 2019 Discussion Thread

crovitlaci

The parallel "integrity" bullshit will be quickly dropped once the event stretches beyond window TV stations are willing to accept. Do I see these events taking a lot longer now with the additional quals? Unless they will limit these events to one-gender only or just don't broadcast the qual runs at all.

35 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

The parallel "integrity" bullshit will be quickly dropped once the event stretches beyond window TV stations are willing to accept. Do I see these events taking a lot longer now with the additional quals? Unless they will limit these events to one-gender only or just don't broadcast the qual runs at all.

I would be all in favour of this, and also think this is gonna happen. If that means parallel events - as long as they have to exist anyway - are at least done with runs and reruns, that's fine.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

44 minutes ago, hckosice said:

So the Alpine Combined will remains in the program, but in new format. The 1st run being the Slalom and only the top 30 from this slalom run will qualify for the 2nd run (Super-G).

And the award for most stupid decision of the pre-winter winter season goes to......

(still not sure, it's a tie between this and the Tour de Ski pursuit being killed off, although this might win it)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

35 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

And the award for most stupid decision of the pre-winter winter season goes to......

(still not sure, it's a tie between this and the Tour de Ski pursuit being killed off, although this might win it)

Nah there still room for "improvements" for example they still should also implement the rule about using only shortened Super-G :d

On 02/06/2019 at 16:46, Monzanator said:

It wouldn't be all that different to Qualifying in Cross Country sprint not being broadcasted.

• 3 weeks later...