website statistics

Alpine Skiing 2018 - 2019 Discussion Thread

crovitlaci

I doubt she'll change her mind and I really hope she won't, since all she will do is destroy her body entirely if she comes back again.

At this point, arthritis is the least of my worries and I hope I can still ski with my kids some day.

If she truly has that hope, which one can imagine, I hope she stays away from racing after Are.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

FIS writes in a press release that the Alpine Combined will remain on the program for the next World Championships in Cortina in 2021. At the same time, FIS writes that individual parallel slalom will be a new discipline on the program in Cortina 2021. Additionally, a Council working group will review the alpine combined format. 

Edited by wumo26

3 hours ago, wumo26 said:

FIS writes in a press release that the Alpine Combined will remain on the program for the next World Championships in Cortina in 2021. At the same time, FIS writes that individual parallel slalom will be a new discipline on the program in Cortina 2021. Additionally, a Council working group will review the alpine combined format. 

Glad to see the combined get a stay of execution.

There is apprently consideration of permanently changing the order, with slalom first followed by downhill.

Edited by NearPup

https://www.fis-ski.com/en/international-ski-federation/news-multimedia/news/fis-alpine-junior-world-championships-to-begin-in-val-di-fassa-ita

Who writes releases for the FIS? Besides the grammatical errors, spacing issues and contradicting info (says 54 countries competing in the first paragraph, and later says 56, so which one is it?), the article lists "Taiwan". If the Chinese Taipei delegation sees that, there will be a huge problem (trust me, I have first hand experience with that lol).

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

https://www.fis-ski.com/en/international-ski-federation/news-multimedia/news/fis-alpine-junior-world-championships-to-begin-in-val-di-fassa-ita

Who writes releases for the FIS? Besides the grammatical errors, spacing issues and contradicting info (says 54 countries competing in the first paragraph, and later says 56, so which one is it?), the article lists "Taiwan". If the Chinese Taipei delegation sees that, there will be a huge problem (trust me, I have first hand experience with that lol).

Not sure if you saw but the FIS live result system briefly used the Republic of China’s flag for athletes from the People's Republic of China earlier this year.

Edited by NearPup