Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
crovitlaci

Alpine Skiing 2018 - 2019 Discussion Thread

Posted (edited)

At a World Cup meeting held on Friday 28th September in Zurich. Two things were discussed regarding the future of the World Cup.

- An unofficial proposal has been made about reducing the quotas for the Top 30 nations in World Cup.

- Harmonizing the parallel skiing event rules, which mean, finding one format that could be used in the 2019/20 season. 

Both discussion points will be either further discussed or decided upon at the next meeting in Dubrovnik in the spring.

http://www.fis-ski.com/alpine-skiing/news-multimedia/news/article=the-stage-set-for-the-alpine-world-cup-2018.html

Edited by wumo26

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Noooo!!!! A with that comes the end of childhood, literally (I mean literally, cause I celebrated an Olympic birthday, and it was great). I’m so sad to see her retire, but it was in the back of my mind that she  might

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Noooo!!!! A with that comes the end of childhood, literally (I mean literally, cause I celebrated an Olympic birthday, and it was great). I’m so sad to see her retire, but it was in the back of my mind that she  might

No worries, I'm sure she'll manage to steal everyone's thunder and demand every bit of attention even when she's not competing anymore :p

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

No worries, I'm sure she'll manage to steal everyone's thunder and demand every bit of attention even when she's not competing anymore :p

Well, unlike several attention seekers these days, Vonn has actually managed to win a race or two she entered.... Besides I believe there's more drama in the US figure skating these days and their results are only getting worse...

• Like 1

Completely missed that a few weeks ago, but Melanie Meillard is already out for the entire season :cry:

Her knee injury from right before the Olympics hasn't recovered well and she has to get a new surgery (which by now maybe she had).

54 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Completely missed that a few weeks ago, but Melanie Meillard is already out for the entire season :cry:

Her knee injury from right before the Olympics hasn't recovered well and she has to get a new surgery (which by now maybe she had).

She has had her surgery and it went well, according to her instagram. Hopefully she will beack soon :cheer:

image.png.9d287ef8969c90ac2fe448566fedc61b.png

Sadly Goggia is injured after a crash in training... She will probabily back in 2019

That's really sad. Goggia is always so exciting to watch and in case of top shape Vonn it's always good to have someone around who can challenge her. Usually it would also be sad because one would expect a skier like her to have a shot on the overall world cup but then again Shiffrin will probably have that one pretty much secured come January anyway. 

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

There’s at YOG participant that has amazing potential