website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Biggest Gold Medal Favourites

51 minuti fa, rafalgorka ha scritto:

You are right - After what we all saw yesterday - definitely Milak in 200 fly. Tut mir sehr leid, Chad... ;-)

But what about Paltrinieri now? It was Strange what we've Seen

And if not strange, than definitely not expected

well, Paltrinieri yesterday had gastroenteritis (more than one guy has it in our team this week, Pirozzi is another one, for instance) and over 38° fever at the moment of the race...so, don't take yesterday's performance as really indicative...

Edited by phelps

1 godzinę temu, phelps napisał:

well, Paltrinieri yesterday had gastroenteritis (more than one guy has it in our team this week, Pirozzi is another one, for instance) and over 38° fever at the moment of the race...so, don't take yesterday's performance as really indicative...

ok, thank you for some insider knowledge, I haven't known that yet. Good luck for him in the next days, then

vor 2 Stunden schrieb rafalgorka:

You are right - After what we all saw yesterday - definitely Milak in 200 fly. Tut mir sehr leid, Chad... ;-)

But what about Paltrinieri now? It was Strange what we've Seen

And if not strange, than definitely not expected

1) It wasnt unexpected (both Romanchuk and Wellbrock were faster than him this season).

2) I still think Paltrinieri will be fine, although Romanchuk or Detti could spoil it for him. Personally i thought that Romanchuk would be out of the picture by 2020 (for obvious reasons), but he seems to be very careful, so he is a real danger.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 23 Minuten schrieb EselTheDonkey:

Still, the times of Wellbrock and Romanchuk were almost on par with Paltrinieri's PB. He wasn't much faster in his career.

Yeah, Paltrinieri would have never won the gold medal, but i think being challenged will only motivate him. He has been on top for many years now and i think he will find a way to get back there by 2020.

Paltrinieri remains unbeaten if healthy, just like Rafael Nadal, who never lost a match when healthy.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, dcro said:

Severo Jurado in dressage.

Just putting it out there for an outside chance that I turn out to be very smart in about 16 months. :evil:

1) Weird way to spell I-S-A-B-E-L-L  W-E-R-T-H

2) "Biggest gold medal favorite" vs. "Outside chance ..."?