website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Biggest Gold Medal Favourites

vor 20 Stunden schrieb CCB:

Primoz Roglic in the individual time trial (men).

Annemiek van Vleuten in the individual time trial (women).

Japan baseball (men).

Netherlands hockey (women).

Thats (Roglic in mens TT) is exactly the kind of prediction i was thinking about. Lets see what he will do in 2 years.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb phelps:

why not in the 400m and 800m, too? (I don't put the 200m in this list, because Pellegrini could come back and make her cry once again :whistle::lol:)...

How old will Pellegrine be by then? Must be around 40. I think not winning her 40th gold medal at world championships by losing to Pellegrini wasnt something that gave Ledecky nightmares. Where exactly was Pellegrini at the last two olympics?

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb Майкл:

Adam Peaty in breaststroke events

He is absolutely hopeless in the 200 breast and i think the 50 breast still isnt olympic, but i agree about 100 breast.

vor 18 Stunden schrieb intoronto:

Canada has 0 biggest gold medal faves :(

The closest would probably be Kylie Masse in the women's 100m backstroke.

Aaaand its gone ... :d

Maybe we will lead a completely different conversation next year, depending on how the canadian talents in womens freestyle develop.

Edited by OlympicsFan

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Joshi:

From a NZ point of view. Lisa Carrington K1 200m. Hasn't been beaten in this event since the heats at the 2012 Olympics but won when it counted. Looking beyond NZ I don't think you can go past the US men and womens Basketball teams. They could send US D teams and still win.

Of course USA in basketball is the biggest favorite, but saying that they could win with a D team on the mens side is probably a bit exaggerated.

Athletics Men

100 - Noah Lyles USA

200 - Noah Lyles USA

400 - Wayde van Niekerk RSA

800 - ADAM KSZCZOT POL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) why not have a dream? my favourite Polish athlete (from those who are competing right now), BTW

1500 - somebody from KEN

5000 - somebody from ETH

10000 - somebody from ETH

marathon - somebody from ETH

3000 SC - somebody from KEN

110 hurdles - Sergey Shubenkov RUSSIA, not some without country individual but RUSSIA

400 hurdles - Abderrahman Samba QAT - 0.01 sec before Rai Benjamin ANT both with under the Kevin Young WR - the race of the games

High Jump - Mutaz Essa Barshim QAT - why not have a dream hahaha? my favourite athlete (from those who are competing right now) from all over the world BTW

Pole Vault - Sam Kendricks USA

Long Jump - Luvo Manyonga RSA

Triple Jump - Pedro Pablo Pichardo POR - anyone knows if there is a chance he will be allowed to compete for Portugal?

Shot Put - Tom Walsh NZL

Discus Throw - Andrius Gudzius LTU

Hammer Throw - Wojciech Nowicki POL

Javelin Throw - Johannes Vetter GER

Decathlon - Damian Warner  CAN

Race Walk 20km - somebody from JPN

Race Walk 50km - Matej Toth SVK

4x100 - USA

4x400 - USA

Edited by rafalgorka
mistakes mistakes mistakes

1 minute ago, rafalgorka said:

Athletics Men

100 - Noah Lyles USA

200 - Noah Lyles USA

400 - Wayde van Niekerk RSA

800 - ADAM KSZCZOT POL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) why not have a dream? my favourite Polish athlete (from those who are competing right now), BTW

1500 - somebody from KEN

5000 - somebody from ETH

10000 - somebody from ETH

marathon - somebody from ETH

3000 SC - somebody from KEN

110 hurdles - Sergey Shubenkov RUSSIA, not some without country individual but RUSSIA

400 hurdles - Abderrahman Samba QAT

High Jump - Mutaz Essa Barshim QAT - why not have a dream hahaha? my favourite athlete (from those who are competing right now) from all over the world BTW

Pole Vault - Sam Kendricks USA

Long Jump - Luvo Manyonga RSA

Triple Jump - Pedro Pablo Pichardo POR - anyone knows if there is a chance he will be allowed to compete for Portugal?

Shot Put - Tom Walsh NZL

Discus Throw - Andrius Gudzius LTU

Hammer Throw - Wojciech Nowicki POL

Javelin Throw - Johannes Vetter GER

Decathlon - Damian Warner

Race Walk 20km - somebody from JPN

Race Walk 50km - Matej Toth SVK

4x100 - USA

4x400 - USA

But I think you slightly misunderstood the question :p 

The 'goal' is to discuss about the athletes (or teams) with the biggest chance to win a certain event. I mean, sure Barshim and Samba and Manyonga have real chances to win gold, but they're not athletes in an event where one could say 'He basically can't lose!' (Samba can trip over a hurdle, high jump and long jump are rather sensitive for foul jumps). Different than for example a rowing event where a certain boat is absolutely dominant, it's not like it's realistic for this boat to suddenly sink in the Olympic final :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

19 hours ago, intoronto said:

Canada has 0 biggest gold medal faves :(

The closest would probably be Kylie Masse in the women's 100m backstroke.

Aaaaaaand gone is her world record :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minuty temu, heywoodu napisał:

But I think you slightly misunderstood the question :p 

The 'goal' is to discuss about the athletes (or teams) with the biggest chance to win a certain event. I mean, sure Barshim and Samba and Manyonga have real chances to win gold, but they're not athletes in an event where one could say 'He basically can't lose!' (Samba can trip over a hurdle, high jump and long jump are rather sensitive for foul jumps). Different than for example a rowing event where a certain boat is absolutely dominant, it's not like it's realistic for this boat to suddenly sink in the Olympic final :p 

Do you know any sportsman who CAN'T lose? please, tell me ;-)