website statistics

Men's Field Hockey FIH Hockey Series 2018 - 2019

NaBUru38

It seems heat and humidity are a real issue in every game. 

I just watched  :JPN v. :MEX

Despite the heat, Japanese players were fast and precise. In the end, the fatigue caused by those factors and some errors in shooting caused them to score only 3 times. I’m completely impressed by their game and hope they get a great result next year. 

On the other hand Mexican squad is a complete disaster. Putting aside that they could barely secure plane tickets and their lack of adequate gear, they clearly seem lost on the pitch, they can’t get right a pass bigger than 3 meters and could only enter the circle twice in the game; their “best” player is the goalie, but that will not save them from ending at the last place. Yet I can’t dent I went crazy when they manage a quick counter attack and surprise Japan with the first goal of the match which is also the fastest in the tournament so far.

India should win tournament 2 without breaking a sweat. Only Japan can remotely challenge them and only in a bad day.  

If Japan gets second place then this tournament is meaningless pretty much, so I hope there is an upset ;)

2 hours ago, mrv86 said:

USA upsets Japan and ends advancing directly to semifinals, while Japan faces Poland in quarterfinals.

Excellent chance for USA to qualify for the Olympic qualifiers. 

On 10/06/2019 at 13:08, Dolby said:

Excellent chance for USA to qualify for the Olympic qualifiers. 

And South Africa score a goal in the 60th minute to complete a comeback victory and qualify for Olympic qualifiers. Heartbreak for United States because I don't think they have the ranking for the qualifiers. 

Again no surprises when it mattered, the top two ranked teams qualified.

Last tournament starts tomorrow, Ireland and France favorites to take the final places with only Korea with a chance to spoil.

Probably we will simply see all the top teams in the ranking at the olympic play-offs and no one outside the top 17/18.

hace 48 minutos, Shravan Kumar dijo:

I guess there is no thread for womy hockey series finals So I am posting the results here

Ireland vs :CZE

:KOR vs :MAS

Winners of these matches will qualify to Tokyo olympic qualification event.

There is a thread.