website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2018

Agger

1 minute ago, Dunadan said:

Pichardo is entered for Portugal, but the IAAF site says that he's still not eligible :mumble:

I very much hope the IAAF's site is wrong..

Any chance he might not be eligible for IAAF competitions, but it's no problem for a European Athletics competition?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Any chance he might not be eligible for IAAF competitions, but it's no problem for a European Athletics competition?

No

"103. ENTRIES AND CONFIRMATION
103.2.1. No athlete may take part in the European Athletics Championships unless entered by the European Athletics Member Federation which he/she is eligible to represent in 
accordance with the IAAF Rules."

2 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

No

"103. ENTRIES AND CONFIRMATION
103.2.1. No athlete may take part in the European Athletics Championships unless entered by the European Athletics Member Federation which he/she is eligible to represent in 
accordance with the IAAF Rules."

I guess we'll have to wait and see then. I definitely hope we'll see him in action, it would severely devaluate the event if he can't start.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor einer Stunde schrieb heywoodu:

I guess we'll have to wait and see then. I definitely hope we'll see him in action, it would severely devaluate the event if he can't start.

Haha, i like your humor!

A cuban athlete not starting at EUROPEAN championships would devaluate the event ... :lol:

Having one cuban athlete (Ortega) steal medals from EUROPEAN athletes at EUROPEAN championships is enough for me.

Would be amazing if IAAF would never allow him to compete for Portugal, maybe then Portugal/Spain/Azerbaijan/Turkey/GB will realize that they have to develop their own athletes instead of just naturalizing as much foreign athletes as they can.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

We will be represented by 22 athletes (11 M + 11 W)...

Men

Mateo Ružić (400 m, 4x400 m relay)
Sven Cepuš (800 m, 4x400 m relay)

Hrvoje Čukman (400 m hurdles, 4x400 m relay)

Daniel Daly (Marathon)

Bruno Erent (50 km walk)

Filip Mihaljević (Shot put)

Stipe Žunić (Shot put)

Filip Pravdica (Long jump)

Ivan Horvat (Pole vault)
Mateo Kovačić (4x400 m relay)

Mateo Parlov (4x400 m relay)

Women
Andrea Ivančević (100 m hurdles)

Ivana Lončarek (100 m hurdles)

Bojana Bjeljac (Marathon)

Matea Matošević-Hačić (Marathon)

Nikolina Stepan (Marathon)

Nikolina Šuštić-Stanković (Marathon)

Ivana Renić (50 km walk)

Sandra Perković (Discus throw)

Marija Tolj (Discus throw)

Anamari Kožul (Hammer throw)

Ana Šimić (High jump)

Perković is obviously our main hope, but there is also Žunić (World bronze medalist from London).  Mihaljević, Šimić and Horvat will hopefully reach the event finals. Cepuš, Ivančević and Lončarek should be aiming for semifinals. Hope to see at least one PB from our marathon runners.

#banbestmen

11 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Does the polish federation really expect first place in medal table? I think GB will have the same goal.

I think 5 golds would be the best possible result for Poland and in my opinion GB has a good chance to win more golds (mens 100 m, mens 400 m, mens 4 x 400 m, mens 4 x 100 m, womens 100 m, womens 200 m, womens 1500 m, womens long jump, womens 4 x 100 m). Germany also has a small chance to win 5 golds or more (mens shot put, mens discus throw, mens javelin throw, mens triple jump, mens 20 km race walking, mens 10000 m, womens long jump, womens triple jump, womens shot put, womens 100 m hurdles, womens 3000 m SC), but is far more likely to finish 3rd in the medal table.

Yep, we won the medal table in Amsterdam and there's a genuine belief we can repeat as the #1 nation.

Fajdek or Nowicki plus Wlodarczyk in the hammer,  both 4x400 relays and Adam Kszczot in the 800m are the biggest favorites for gold. Then we have several outside chances which should bring some medals (Lisek/Wojechowski PV, Haratyk Shot Put, Guba Shot Put, Ennaoui 1500m, Lewandowski 1500m).

9 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Yep, we won the medal table in Amsterdam and there's a genuine belief we can repeat as the #1 nation.

Fajdek or Nowicki plus Wlodarczyk in the hammer,  both 4x400 relays and Adam Kszczot in the 800m are the biggest favorites for gold. Then we have several outside chances which should bring some medals (Lisek/Wojechowski PV, Haratyk Shot Put, Guba Shot Put, Ennaoui 1500m, Lewandowski 1500m).

Should be very close between Poland, Great Britain and Germany on the medal table.

The feeling here is that Britain could win 7 gold medals in the shorter races but not a lot in other events.

Bookmaker's favourites in the men's 1500 meters :d 

AEydiZG.png

Spoiler

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I very much hope the IAAF's site is wrong..

This is an article from yesterday.

https://www.dn.pt/lusa/interior/pedro-pichardo-inscrito-preventivamente-por-portugal-nos-europeus-de-atletismo-9662095.html

Google translate says Pichardo was only entered "just in case" IAAF rules him eligible but the POR athletic fed. president says he probably won't be allowed to start?

We need someone speaking Portuguese here ;)

Edited by Monzanator

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

This is an article from yesterday. I suspect your Portuguese is better than mine ;)

https://www.dn.pt/lusa/interior/pedro-pichardo-inscrito-preventivamente-por-portugal-nos-europeus-de-atletismo-9662095.html

Google translate says Pichardo was only entered "just in case" IAAF rules him eligible but the POR athletic fed. president says he probably won't be allowed to start?

Exactly. He's also not on the list published by the Portuguese federation, which basically says enough.

Edited by heywoodu