website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2018

Agger

What an unfortunate moment for Smelyk to have a spasm at M4x100, only 0.18s away from the NR((

And lolz at the men's marathon start list (TV). Israeli flag for Olefirenko with "UKR" underneath :lol: (Israel is our bestie tho :mumble:).

Wasn't even surprised after incorrect measurements, wrong PBs & SBs and TV version screw ups.

It was awesome team performance for us comparing to only 1 medal in 2016 :d, hopefully we're back to the usual level for longer.

So happy for Bekh & Nykyforov *does a happy dance*

Q0Hmlxf.gif

Edited by Xander

Am 12.8.2018 um 22:28 schrieb EselTheDonkey:

Very likely not. My guess is something between four and eight, depending on the athletes' shape and a bit on luck. Our best result in recent years were the London Olympics with 9 medals in athletics.

I think it makes more sense to ask whether Germany will be able to reach its highest number ever of top 8 finishes in Tokyo, since the number of medals depends on very few athletes to perform at their best at the right moment, while the number of top 8 finishes is more representative of a teams strength in my opinion.

I definitely think thats possible and it would be pretty impressive to have more top 8 finishes than in 1992/1996 considering that the sport got more competitive and that back then Germany still was able to use the GDR athletes.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

:wUKR: TV ratings: the number of viewers varied from 700k to 1.3 million.

The last day was the most popular.

ps. 1:59.91 for Pryshchepa in Poland tonight :clap:Now when the tactical race/strategy of the ECH is not needed, the girl can run for her real SB finally. No more being "glued" to the group, she finally ran as the leader in the end.

Edited by Xander