website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2018

Agger

vor 12 Minuten schrieb GoPoland:

Level on world champ/olympics is far more higher, only sad that next wc in october. How many medals Germany will win  in Doha? 10?

Yeah, the level will be indeed higher, especially at the olympics, but the goal for Germany has to be to stop the bad trend of the last olympics and world championships.

From the medal winners here Przybylko, Hofmann, Röhler, Schwanitz, Hussong, Schäfer probably would win a medal at world championships/olympics too with their performances from this week. Mihambo, Gierisch, Jungfleisch, Roleder/Dutkiewicz, Krause and the womens 4 x 100 m relay will need some luck. Currently i dont see Lückenkemper (in the 100, in the 200 she might have a chance), the female discus throwers, Abele, Heinle or Storl winning a medal at world level and the same is true for the female pole vaulters (Ryzih, Spiegelburg and Otchere (despite her huge potential)) and Holzdeppe. Linke (5th at the 2016 olympics and the 2017 world championships), Heß, Kaul and Klosterhalfen have the potential to break through and win a medal. C. Harting and Kazmirek/Schrader will hopefully be back.

I think 8 medals would be good, 10 medals would be great.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb GoPoland:

I would be very happy if we win at least 5 medals in world champ and olympics. I think Germany and Great Britain will win more medals.

I think the maximum for Poland is 7-10 medals (4 in hammer throw, mens 800 m, womens 4 x 400 m, mens pole vault, womens javelin throw, womens shot put, mens shot put), 5 medals are very realistic.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

16 godzin temu, De_Gambassi napisał:

Malgache people are really small... rugby is massively popular over there, but they can't do shit due to size.

it`s only jokin` but sure - probably if we would colonize Madagascar they would be stronger in some sports, their potential is bigger than they show probably and i`m sure we`d help to unfold it in some way. Maybe weightlifting, wrestling, who knows. But we don`t have any colonial past so our approach is clear

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

13 godzin temu, OlympicsFan napisał:

Why would runners from ethiopia or morocco want to compete for Poland if they could compete for Germany/GB/France/Switzerland/Netherlands?

ask those who chosen Poland and you will know the answer :d

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it