website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2018

Agger

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

Of course i am well aware of that, but outdoors is a different thing (ask Maslak) and the polish guys just werent in as good a shape as the guys from Belgium/GB/Spain. It was pretty obvious even before the start of this competition.

Hortelano running into a wall 50 meters from home was a 'good shape'? :lol:  I'm sorry, Poland will always be favored in 4x400 relay over Spain.

That's it for athletics, which European champs starts tomorrow? :cheer:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 1 Minute schrieb Monzanator:

Hortelano running into a wall 50 meters from home was a 'good shape'? :lol:  I'm sorry, Poland will always be favored in 4x400 relay over Spain.

Interesting view, but ok ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb heywoodu:

That's it for athletics, which European champs starts tomorrow? :cheer:

The rest of the sports year will be super boring, no important events left sadly.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I asked a clear question. Who was expected to medal (according to the entry list for example) and didnt win a medal here?

Of course pole vault, Malachowski for bronze was a contender, 4x400m mens, but i care less about this championship, the real athletics is world champ and olympics.

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I didn't, I was picking something to drink :p 

And that is strange...I'm curious about this situation if something appears in Czech media. 

Now it´s official. Veleba the 2nd leg is injured, they just wanted to show up , since they did qualified for the final and only then quit the race

vor 3 Minuten schrieb GoPoland:

Of course pole vault, Malachowski for bronze was a contender, 4x400m mens, but i care less about this championship, the real athletics is world champ and olympics.

I agree with you about this competition being far less important than the world champs/olympics, but i dont agree about most of the rest. How was Malachowski expected to medal? The same is true for mens 4 x 400 relay. For me GB and Belgium were probably the favorites for gold/silver and it was maybe 55/45 between Spain and Poland for bronze. In mens pole vault Lavillenie/Duplantis for me were the clear favorites for gold and silver. I thought bronze would be between the polish guys, Morgunov and maybe Holzdeppe, so maybe Poland was favorite to win bronze in the pole vault, but not the clear favorite.