website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2018

Agger

vor 4 Stunden schrieb heywoodu:

They should completely isolate everyone from later heats in such a way they can't possibly know the results of earlier heats. Then it might be fair. 

Why not just have top x from each heat qualify for the final? If the seeding is balanced, then it would be better in my opinion than deciding finallists based on their times, most of the time only athletes from one heat make the final at any distance above 400 m and thats pretty unfair in my opinion. 

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Monzanator:

Germany saving their championships with the javelin :sure:

Javelin is for Germany what the hammer is for Poland. Personally i prefer the javelin ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Federer91:

Very interesting that Jungfleisch is now flying after barely clearing 1.90 all season long. Good that i put her to win a medal in the predictions. :d

Thats what she always used to do, but from 2016 onwards she forgot how to peak at major competitions, apparently she remembered this year.

Today the most important question in the history of human kind will be answered. Will the prince of race walking finally step it up and take the crown?

12 hours ago, heywoodu said:

:roflmao:

Nice to have a European champion who's invisible for 4 instead of 2 years. 

And coincidentally from eastern europe again ... i think once Semenya retires we will see a lot more like that in the 800 m.

I think it hasnt happened too often before that the gold medallist threw 6 m farther in womens javelin throw at a major competition than the rest of the field.

8 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

I think it hasnt happened too often before that the gold medallist threw 6 m farther in womens javelin throw at a major competition than the rest of the field.

Yeah, a decent throw for gold and 61 meters for the other medals....this was one of the few times where I was glad they didn't give too much attention to a field event on TV, I've rarely seen a poorer level in a major championships final. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Race walk start has been delayed to at least 09.30

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Smell of gas around/on the course, which is why the fire brigade has delayed the start. More info in 20 minutes.

8 часов назад, OlympicsFan сказал:

And coincidentally from eastern europe again

How is Pryshchepa invisible if she won the previous ECH :mumble:Had 1:58.82 at the Diamond League last year, 1:58.60 at the 2016 DL and ran out of 2 mins at the Olympics?