website statistics

Athletics EAA European Championships 2018

Agger

4 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

not all nations use foreign athletes to pretend they are strong, not all nations and not all people feel it`s normal. My mind is clear about it, it`s easy shortcut but it`s a lie. I mean that it`s legal etc but it is a bit...hmmm.....unfair. Well...maybe each nation has 3 marathon runners from Africa - Iceland too...isn`t it a farce a bit? Not my problem

Ah yes, surely Switzerland is 'using foreign athletes' to pretend they're strong. I mean, he has been living in Switzerland for a long time, has a family there and everything, but I guess that doesn't count. 

Will it count as 'European gold' when his son, born and raised in Switzerland, wins gold? Or is that not European enough yet, and does Abraham's grandson have to win gold in order to count as European? Or should every winner simply have a white skin in order to be counted as 'European enough'? 

Someone like Tadesse Abraham (or Israeli Salpeter, for example) is so much different than for example the average Turkish or Azeri athlete. Not every single athlete born outside Europe is 'unfair' when they compete in Europe.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

You mean because of his last name? Like Baumgart is a german last name and therefore germany won a gold medal for Poland?

Przybylko's family only emigrated to Germany due to communism while Baumgart was born in a city that only become German due to partitions. After Germany's defeat in WWI it's a Polish city again :bye: 

2 minuty temu, heywoodu napisał:

Ah yes, surely Switzerland is 'using foreign athletes' to pretend they're strong. I mean, he has been living in Switzerland for a long time, has a family there and everything, but I guess that doesn't count. 

Will it count as 'European gold' when his son, born and raised in Switzerland, wins gold? Or is that not European enough yet, and does Abraham's grandson have to win gold in order to count as European? Or should every winner simply have a white skin in order to be counted as 'European enough'? 

i`m not judging all cases but a "trend", this trend is very bad

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

Just now, Pavlo said:

i`m not judging all cases but a "trend", this trend is very bad

Bad for who, exactly? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

not all nations use foreign athletes to pretend they are strong, not all nations and not all people feel it`s normal. My mind is clear about it, it`s easy shortcut but it`s a lie. I mean that it`s legal etc but it is a bit...hmmm.....unfair. Well...maybe each nation has 3 marathon runners from Africa - Iceland too...isn`t it a farce a bit? Not my problem

Your mind is not clear, it's twisted.

Who is using foreign athletes to pretend they are strong?

By your logic, Muir beating Ennaoui this evening will be "good news for Europe"?

Meucci beating the Polish runner of African origins in 2014 was good for Europe? :crazy:

Przed chwilą, heywoodu napisał:

Bad for who, exactly? 

for nations choosing to try to have their own good runners, for "justice"

sure we could have 3 Ethiopians or Moroccans...but i think it leads to nothing, African-born runners have clear advantage. UK, France is sth different, Italy, Turkey etc...c`mon Ali Mustapha Sprinter Barnes - it`s even a bit funny ;)

Just now, Dunadan said:

By your logic, Muir beating Ennaoui this evening will be "good news for Europe"?

Meucci beating the Polish runner of African origins in 2014 was good for Europe? :crazy:

We didn't buy these athletes when they showed some sporting promise as juniors or got married to a Polish citizen. Ennaoui lives in Poland since she's 2 years old. 

3 minuty temu, Dunadan napisał:

Sophia has a Polish parent, like Artur Partyka case - read before you post sth. We had 1 runner, he escaped his country, he stayed here. Well, i also thought it`s unfair and i wasn`t a fan of this

Edited by Pavlo