website statistics

Women's Field Hockey FIH World Cup 2018

Totallympics

hace 6 horas, Fly_like_a_don said:

India have beaten them at the Gold Coast and had it not been a defensive error in the 54th minute India would have won it... 

You forget that also in those games India lost 6-0 the bronze medal match to England...

OK, day 1 thoughts:

-Germany and Australia winning as expected.

-England, from what I read in media (because I can't watch, geoblock) and looking at statistics (shots 15-4, PCs 9-0), deserved more. It's disappointing to start your home WC with a tie, but I don't think it will matter much, I see them winning the two next games handily.

-USA losing to Ireland is surprising but not unthinkable. The US team had many retirements after the OG and they are a much weaker team now. I was cautious in my predictions (I gave them +1 victories vs Ireland and India), but I won't be surprised if they go out in 3 games.

Tomorrow:

The big candidate Netherlands starts (easy group with 3 weak teams) and also the start for Argentina and Argentina B (Italy, 10/18 players argentinian). Also, Belgium-New Zealand will be interesting, Belgium has a bit of dark horse potential.

7 hours ago, LDOG said:

OK, day 1 thoughts:

-Germany and Australia winning as expected.

-England, from what I read in media (because I can't watch, geoblock) and looking at statistics (shots 15-4, PCs 9-0), deserved more. It's disappointing to start your home WC with a tie, but I don't think it will matter much, I see them winning the two next games handily.

-USA losing to Ireland is surprising but not unthinkable. The US team had many retirements after the OG and they are a much weaker team now. I was cautious in my predictions (I gave them +1 victories vs Ireland and India), but I won't be surprised if they go out in 3 games.

Tomorrow:

The big candidate Netherlands starts (easy group with 3 weak teams) and also the start for Argentina and Argentina B (Italy, 10/18 players argentinian). Also, Belgium-New Zealand will be interesting, Belgium has a bit of dark horse potential.

Who cares about shots on goal or PCs..India comes in with a very defensive and counter attacking strategy. 

1 minute ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Who cares about shots on goal or PCs.

People who want to make goals.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

:woot:

I have just discovered the :woot: exists, thanks. I saw your post and Gianlu's post above you and thought the :hyper:was broken or something :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, dcro said:

Apparently this is the first Italian WC victory since 1976. :woot:

It's the first participation since 1976 and I believe it's the first Italian victory in the WC.

Edited by Dunadan