website statistics

Women's Field Hockey FIH World Cup 2018

Totallympics

Wow! Incredible victory over Germany! To be honest, Germany played better and probably they deserved to win, but Spain defended really well and I'm very happy for our girls. It's only the 2nd time that our women's team reaches semifinals after Madrid 2006! Furthermore, we will improve our ranking a lot, so we are closer to be in Tokyo.

Now we should try to win against Ireland or India, because probably gold and bronze medal will be won by teams from the other side of the bracket.

Edited by Cobi

Absolutely disgusting performance by the german team, no excuse. Given the way the german coach talked before this match i am not very surprised, they were already thinking about the final. In the end the only thing that counts is the gold medal final in 2020, they can't do anything between the olympic games that will gain the attention of the german public, they will have to be there when it counts in 2 years. It's time to finally win another gold medal after 2004, although the Netherlands won't make it that easy.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Well, too bad, the best team today didn't win the match. The girls couldn't convert the chances and Australia defended well.

Also in the shootout we had match point but the nerves were too great for our girls (and our captain missing her penalties 3 times...)

At least I get full prediction points for predicting for Australia.

Ireland are in the semifinals! :yikes:

p.s. just asking to those who follow women's field hockey carefully...I really don't want to make any argument of that...but, how many of those girls are true Irish and how many are 2nd-tier English women? :mumble:

il y a 25 minutes, phelps a déclaré:

Ireland are in the semifinals! :yikes:

p.s. just asking to those who follow women's field hockey carefully...I really don't want to make any argument of that...but, how many of those girls are true Irish and how many are 2nd-tier English women? :mumble:

It's very much an Irish home-grown team. I'm not very knowledgable in hockey myself but as far as I know there are no "transferees" unless someone wants to prove me wrong.

Edited by OlympicIRL

2 ore fa, OlympicIRL ha scritto:

It's very much an Irish home-grown team. I'm not very knowledgable in hockey myself but as far as I know there are no "transferees" unless someone wants to prove me wrong.

thanks...:yes

very good, then...I'm not against transfers (of course, Italy has always so many players with National heritage but grown up and trained abroad in so many sport) and I like global integration, but I'm even happier when a sport movement can develop its own players by itself...it's a signal that things work good in that Country (in that specific sector, obviously)...