website statistics

Women's Field Hockey FIH World Cup 2018

Totallympics

and here we go...

one between ITA, IRL and IND (all Countries with a name beginning with "I", by the way...for those who like "kabbala" or "cabala", depending on your language) will be in the top 4...

and the other team in the same semifinal as ITA/IRL/IND will come from the trio GER/BEL/ESP...:yikes::lol:

the English organizers did build their pathway to the final really shameless...but their girls wasted that gift big time...:whistle::lol:

hace 29 minutos, phelps said:

the English organizers did build their pathway to the final really shameless...but their girls wasted that gift big time...:whistle::lol:

What? not really, it was all determined by ranking and serpentine system: pool A: (1st, 8th, 9th & 16th), B: (2,7,10, 15), C: (3, 6, 11, 14), D: (4, 5, 12, 13)

The semifinal was supposed to be England-Argentina (2v3), it's just that both teams (and New Zealand too) failed to perform.

3 minuti fa, LDOG ha scritto:

What? not really, it was all determined by ranking and serpentine system: pool A: (1st, 8th, 9th & 16th), B: (2,7,10, 15), C: (3, 6, 11, 14), D: (4, 5, 12, 13)

The semifinal was supposed to be England-Argentina (2v3), it's just that both teams (and New Zealand too) failed to perform.

really? I thought it was done by (manipulated) "draw"...:facepalm:

in this case we can only blame fate and underperforming teams like GBR, ARG and NZL...

sorry for my misinterpretation (I hope the local organizers will forgive me for the bad thoughts about them)...:red:

Edited by phelps

vor 3 Stunden schrieb phelps:

and here we go...

one between ITA, IRL and IND (all Countries with a name beginning with "I", by the way...for those who like "kabbala" or "cabala", depending on your language) will be in the top 4...

and the other team in the same semifinal as ITA/IRL/IND will come from the trio GER/BEL/ESP...:yikes::lol:

So Wikipedia got the draw wrong? According to Wikipedia one of the seminfinals should be Netherlands vs. Germany (the 2 strongest teams in my opinion, so i am not quiet sure what the ":lol:" is supposed to say here?) if everything goes according to plan. If Germany would really only have to beat ESP/BEL and ITA/IRL/IND to reach the final, then anything but Germany reaching the final would be a huge shock. Germany vs. Netherlands would be the best final in my opinion, although i am not sure how close it would be (despite Xavier Reckinger doing a great job in continuing the trend that Jamilon Mülders started).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

6 minuti fa, OlympicsFan ha scritto:

So Wikipedia got the draw wrong? According to Wikipedia one of the seminfinals should be Netherlands vs. Germany (the 2 strongest teams in my opinion, so i am not quiet sure what the ":lol:" is supposed to say here?) if everything goes according to plan. If Germany would really only have to beat ESP/BEL and ITA/IRL/IND to reach the final, then anything but Germany reaching the final would be a huge shock. Germany vs. Netherlands would be the best final in my opinion, although i am not sure how close it would be (despite Xavier Reckinger doing a great job in continuing the trend that Jamilon Mülders started).

the graphics by BT Sport after yesterday's matches showed a GER/BEL/ESP vs IRL/ITA/IND top half of the draw (and the other teams in the bottom half)...

so, I guess wiki this time is not right...

or maybe BT Sport was wrong...I don't really know...however, Italian media also have the BT Sport kind of brackets and not the wiki ones...

EDIT: also the FIH official website has the brackets as BT Sport presented...so, wiki is definitely wrong, this time...

p.s. the smiley means that ENG haven't been able to take advantage of a very favourable draw (even if it wasn't actually a draw, since all the teams were put into the groups by the serpentime system according to their WR)...

Edited by phelps