website statistics

Totallympics Media

12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Guys we are seriously in need of more reporters. If you, or anyone you know would be interested; please them my way. We’re trying to cover 30 events in two weeks, and that’s impossible with only 2 full time reporters and 2 currently non-available part time reporters. 

You might want to list the events so people can say "Hey I can do that".

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

You might want to list the events so people can say "Hey I can do that".

For those interest in helping, here’s a list as suggested by @heywoodu.

List:

US Open, 2019 Mediterranean Beach Games, Sailing World Cup, Judo World Championships, American Softball Olympics Qualification Tournament, MTB World Championships, FIBA World Cup

The rest we can cover. People can also write about events not mentioned if they wished too. They could even do one better and become a part-time or full-time reporter.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...

If I was going to make a “database” for multi-sports games results, which of the following would Totallympians prefer...?

Option 1) Upload the results books by multi-sports games to Totallympics using the “paper clip” (link) function (I.e separate links to collections for each games)

Option 2) make a dedicated place on Totallympics Media’s website where you can view each PDF by games and in alphabetical order by sport without having to click on any links.

Option 3) you have a better idea that might work better for users

I would appreciate any feedback.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 4 weeks later...

#2, with a note that there should be a back-up at all times, considering how vulnerable the servers used by Totallympics generally are.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 29/09/2019 at 19:52, Olympian1010 said:

If I was going to make a “database” for multi-sports games results, which of the following would Totallympians prefer...?

Option 1) Upload the results books by multi-sports games to Totallympics using the “paper clip” (link) function (I.e separate links to collections for each games)

Option 2) make a dedicated place on Totallympics Media’s website where you can view each PDF by games and in alphabetical order by sport without having to click on any links.

Option 3) you have a better idea that might work better for users

I would appreciate any feedback.

Just an update on this, It’s going to be awhile. I’m still currently figuring out the formatting and making results books for the various games that are going on right now. This is on my long list of things to do around here, so it may be awhile, but I think the end product will be one people like.

34 minuty temu, Olympian1010 napisał:

Just an update on this, It’s going to be awhile. I’m still currently figuring out the formatting and making results books for the various games that are going on right now. This is on my long list of things to do around here, so it may be awhile, but I think the end product will be one people like.

I am patient and I do not exert pressure on you, but will you make it before Tokyo? :p

Just now, TomJa said:

I am patient and I do not exert pressure on you, but will you make it before Tokyo? :p

Oh definitely. If it’s not up in the next month or two, there will have been a serious problem.