website statistics

Totallympics Media

On 28/07/2019 at 23:35, heywoodu said:

I'll see if I can write a short Tour de France review if you're interested. 

Sorry, just saw this. Thanks, for the offer though. If any user ever wants to write something as a guest or wants to be a full fledged reporter we have plenty of room on the site. @heywoodu I hope my lateness doesn’t discourage you or other users I’m the future, so sorry about that. We could always use some new writers every now and then. Anyone is welcome.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Here’s our new logos!:

Full Logo/Branding:

B39A51B7-59C1-40E3-83A6-EC98BE96113F.png

Icon/Short Form Logo:

974A6979-DDE9-48DC-B051-887D85259E4D.png

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I’d like to know a few things for research, so if users could answer my questions by quoting this post that’d be great :yes.

A few quality control and enhancement questions:

How often do you read Totallympics Media?

Do you see Totallympics Media as a legitimate news source?

Would you be willing to read Totallympics Media more often?

How do you prefer to receive sports news;  written articles, audio service, or video services?

What would you like to see more of on Totallympics Media?

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Not very often, but that's entirely due to my days being too short - apart from the general responsibilities one has (work, study etc), I'm watching sports and suddenly it's really time to sleep..

For smaller events and sports, yes. For major events and big sports I'd probably look at the large, professional websites who simply have way more opportunities to bring news fast. My personal opinion would be that something like Totallympics Media has nice chances to fill a 'niche' (reporting on things the major news outlets don't), much like Totallympics in general does.

If I'd have the time, definitely.

How do you prefer to receive sports news;  written articles, audio service, or video services?

Written, mostly. I've noticed throughout the years I end up thinking 'I'll listen/watch that later' and then just forgetting about it.

Interviews with athletes or some sort of background specials and whatnot.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Interviews with athletes or some sort of background specials and whatnot.

Thanks for the responses :thumbup:. I have a very exciting interview dropping later today or tomorrow.

33 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Maybe once or twice a week. I did read a lot when the Pan American Games was running and enjoyed it. Time is an issue for me and it doesn't get better when I go back to my studies again. 

Yes. Though, due to the smaller resouces you probably have, I still mostly find and read my sports news on bigger sites. 

Yes, especially if there were more interviews with athletes and more focus on smaller sports, both Olympic and non-Olympic. 

Mostly written, but lately I have started to listen to some podcasts. Most of them focus on one topic or is a long interview with an athlete about his/her career from the beginning to now. 

As I have written in my answers to question 3 and 4, some background stories about athletes. Interviews with current Olympic athletes, or more intereting, interviews with young athletes who dream of becoming an Olympian one day. Interviews on tape would be very welcoming. :) 

Edited by wumo26

Guys we are seriously in need of more reporters. If you, or anyone you know would be interested; please them my way. We’re trying to cover 30 events in two weeks, and that’s impossible with only 2 full time reporters and 2 currently non-available part time reporters. 

Edited by Olympian1010