website statistics

Totallympics Media

8 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Lillehammer 1994 is so good!  Singapore 2010 Youth Olympic Games and London 2012 Paralympics are great too, still remember the music for each.

Rio 2016 Paralympics one was quite good too.

My favourite broadcast intro is the BBC London 2012 into.... the dramatic music is magnificent and exactly what an Olympic intro should be all about...brings back so many good memories.

Long version:

Yeah I can remember the music from Vancouver 2010, Baku 2015, Rio 2016, Baku 2017, Malaysia 2017, Pyeongchang 2018, Barranquilla 2018 (which isn’t in there yet), Buenos Aires 2018, and Jakarta 2018.

My personal favorites for the background music are Athens 2004, Baku 2017, Rio 2016. I also love the 1976 ceremonies intro (I don’t know if I included that one in the list)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I like this one too, but I was only counting international feed intros. Sorry

No I get that. But just wanted to share what my favourite intro is. I like this one because of the dramatic music and is why i love the Lillehammer one. I like ones with catchy music too, like London 2012 Paralympics and Singapore YOG 2010. And it's nice when they feature clips of the sports being presented against the backdrop of the host city.

4 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

No I get that. But just wanted to share what my favourite intro is. I like this one because of the dramatic music and is why i love the Lillehammer one. I like ones with catchy music too, like London 2012 Paralympics and Singapore YOG 2010. And it's nice when they feature clips of the sports being presented against the backdrop of the host city.

It’s honestly one of my favorite things every games. They get me hyped to watch, and I’m always interested to them for the first time before the opening ceremony.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s honestly one of my favorite things every games. They get me hyped to watch, and I’m always interested to them for the first time before the opening ceremony.

Same, always look forward to them. Sydney 2000 intro is great too.

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah I can remember the music from Vancouver 2010, Baku 2015, Rio 2016, Baku 2017, Malaysia 2017, Pyeongchang 2018, Barranquilla 2018 (which isn’t in there yet), Buenos Aires 2018, and Jakarta 2018.

My personal favorites for the background music are Athens 2004, Baku 2017, Rio 2016. I also love the 1976 ceremonies intro (I don’t know if I included that one in the list)

Just recognized the Baku 2017 song in the EYOF Opening Ceremony right now?

Would any be interested in a live trivia game? :d. I think the new Totallympics Channel needs its first program.

Edited by Olympian1010

3 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Sounds good, what do you have in mind :d 

Well I’m thinking the questions can have anything to do with sports or the Olympic Movement, maybe @Dragon could help me if interested. The games will be between 10-20 questions long. 

I’ll host the game (there by disqualifying myself) on YouTube by making a prepared video and livestream it at a announced time using the premiere feature. People would answer real time in the chat. There won’t be any prizes or anything originally, but if people like it and it’s doing well, I could maybe arrange something.

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Well I’m thinking the questions can have anything to do with sports or the Olympic Movement, maybe @Dragon could help me if interested. The games will be between 10-20 questions long. 

I’ll host the game (there by disqualifying myself) on YouTube by making a prepared video and livestream it at a announced time using the premiere feature. People would answer real time in the chat. There won’t be any prizes or anything originally, but if people like it and it’s doing well, I could maybe arrange something.

Good idea. Knowing @Dragon‘s extensive knowledge, we will be asked if we know the middle name of the paternal grandfather of the gold medal winning captain in men’s water polo at the 1920 Olympics :d 

Just now, OlympicIRL said:

Good idea. Knowing @Dragon‘s extensive knowledge, we will be asked if we know the middle name of the paternal grandfather of the gold medal winning captain in men’s water polo at the 1920 Olympics :d 

Exactly, #winninglikepimpingainteasy

Edited by Olympian1010