website statistics

Totallympics Media

I’ve already posted our year end message on here, and I’ll probably post one on our website within the next few hours as well. Just wanted to give a quick thanks to everyone who’s been listening to the podcasts. The podcasts are only worth making if the community likes them, and continues to listen to them, and so far we’ve seen enough support to continue to give our time towards making them. So if you haven’t given our last few a listen, go ahead and make that a New Years resolution :p

Now to the important business :d. Myself and @Vojthas have been discussing our editorial coverage plans for Lausanne2020, and we’d now like to share our final plans with you :d. We will offer the following coverage for Lausanne2020:

Daily Podcast - It will be receded by myself and @Vojthas at 23:00 local time daily. You can expect to be able to listen to it at around 00:00 local time each day. On the podcast (probably titled “Bonjour Lausanne!”), we’ll do a quick review of the days events, talk about our favorite moments, address any controversy, and cover anything else you guys want us too.

Event Review Articles - You can expert full review articles (as well as other content) on our website. They will be provided by the OIS, and we will edit them to add information we deem relevant or useful. We may also run some other articles to talk about the culture, people, and sport scene of Lausanne.

Updating Blog - Don’t have time to follow the games? On our updating blog, we’ll provide you with the most up-to-date information. You can expect links to results, livestreaming, breakdown of IOC Congress, and highlights of the best of social media from the games. 

Unofficial Prediction Contest - @Vojthas and myself are in the process of finalizing the questions, and then the contest will be open to participation from all forum users :yes. It should be published within the next week, so be on the lookout for that. @Vojthas is very pleased with his new “youth” and “urban” format :p

Social Media - Follow our social media for links to all our coverage, interactive polls/quizzes, and for help finding the information you want.

See you in 2020! The first Olympiad year of the 20s.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Also, may have forgot to mention something in my last post ?. We’d really like to add a third reporter for the YOG. If you’re interested let me know. We’d really appreciate it.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

It’s that time of the week! TWU #3 is out now: https://anchor.fm/twu/episodes/TWU-3-Its-Going-To-Be-A-Long-Week-For-The-IWF-ea0rrt (I was feeling quite a bit under the weather, so I apologize if that translated onto the podcast this week)

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s that time of the week! TWU #3 is out now: https://anchor.fm/twu/episodes/TWU-3-Its-Going-To-Be-A-Long-Week-For-The-IWF-ea0rrt (I was feeling quite a bit under the weather, so I apologize if that translated onto the podcast this week)

I just don't understand his views on shooting. He says because of gun violence we should stop shooting. But my opinion is that just because one country is idiots we don't have to assume all of the others are same. And the Olympic sport of shooting is way different than the idiots who commit these things. 

7 hours ago, Shravan Kumar said:

I just don't understand his views on shooting. He says because of gun violence we should stop shooting. But my opinion is that just because one country is idiots we don't have to assume all of the others are same. And the Olympic sport of shooting is way different than the idiots who commit these things. 

Glad you listened :p

I can’t really speak for his views, but I both agree and disagree with what he said. I don’t think laser guns should replace events, but I do think it would be a nice addition. With laser guns, we could actually bring back events like pistol dueling, or incorporate new events like laser run, obstacle course shooting, etc. It opens a door to more creative events, and I think it’s worth looking into. I do agree with you that it should not replace the traditional events (even though I hate guns myself). I will say that I much prefer the air guns to the small bore guns used at 50m range.

Put a lot of soul and effort into this one, so please read it if you get the chance: https://games24.totallympics.com/?p=1175

Edited by Olympian1010

• 2 weeks later...

As a little inspiration for @Olympian1010 and @Vojthas, here is an article about New Year resolutions of a small-time sports journalist who started from scratch.

Her website was initially solely focused on the Belgian junior circuit. And after about ten years of climbing ranks, she started covering the Olympic Games like this (and this). Today her website is by far the most interesting place for dressage enthusiasts, and the key to success seems to be choosing quality over quantity.

#banbestmen

On 16/01/2020 at 02:27, dcro said:

As a little inspiration for @Olympian1010 and @Vojthas, here is an article about New Year resolutions of a small-time sports journalist who started from scratch.

Her website was initially solely focused on the Belgian junior circuit. And after about ten years of climbing ranks, she started covering the Olympic Games like this (and this). Today her website is by far the most interesting place for dressage enthusiasts, and the key to success seems to be choosing quality over quantity.

Of course with most things it is. We’re still in debut year though, so we’re doing a lot of trial and error. We definitely tried to do too much for the YOG, but it’s good that we know that going into Tokyo 2020. 

19 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Of course with most things it is. We’re still in debut year though, so we’re doing a lot of trial and error. We definitely tried to do too much for the YOG, but it’s good that we know that going into Tokyo 2020. 

On the Dutch website where I am the head of the sports section, we try to cover every medal event at the Olympics - obviously the main thing is to have at least every result of Dutch athletes mentioned. It works, but with a lot of hard work in those weeks...and that's for a group with roughly 10 people, one more active than the other. If it's just three people, don't even try it like that..

Free advice/suggestion for the Olympics: take the 'smaller' sports and make one combined article about all of the events. For example one article with all freestyle snowboarding events in it, or one with all the canoeing sprint in it, and so on. Saves work and stress.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!