website statistics

Totallympics Media

Alright everyone, 2020 is just around the corner, and you know that means...Olympics!!! :d:clap::thumbup::champion::bowdown::cheer::bounce::hyper::wub::hearts::pope::banana::beer::hairpull::woohoo::toast::woot::olympicrings:

@Vojthas, @Dragon, and myself a very excited to bring you more content than ever in 2020. You guys have kept us going with your continued support, and we are working all time on trying to bring you the best, newest, and most exciting content we can. As many of you know, I will be lucky enough to be in Tokyo at the 2020 Summer Olympics, and I have some very exciting announcements concerning our content goals for those games in the future. However, there is one “Olympics” to go before Tokyo, and that’s the 2020 Winter Youth Olympic Games in Lausanne. @Vojthas and I have already pledged full coverage of the event on our side. To help us, help you get the information and content you want, I’d like to know what you guys 1) want to know about the games 2) what to see from our coverage 3) what information do you most want 4) any other suggestions or comments you have. We want to use the 2020 YOG as a dry run for our Tokyo2020 coverage, so we will be all hands on deck, and fully operational for our first time since the 2019 Pan American Games. I hope y’all are looking forward to 2020 as much as we are, and we cannot wait to bring you more content.

P.S. Two things: 1) I’ve read all the responses to the trivia question, and we are working on the best format for those. Hopefully in the coming weeks we’ll be able to publish some quizzes on the website. 2) I will announce the full details of our 2020 YOG coverage in the near future. We will make sure you do not miss a moment of the games.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

What I'd like to see: don't make it the dry kind of reporting Insidethegames usually has. All they do most of the time is just list the medalists and their score (even in stuff like alpine skiing where someone's finish time really doesn't matter, only differences do). The more a report feels like you've actually seen the competition, the more it makes the reader feel like you know what's going on. A little personal detail about an athlete or the race, those things help.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

23 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What I'd like to see: don't make it the dry kind of reporting Insidethegames usually has. All they do most of the time is just list the medalists and their score (even in stuff like alpine skiing where someone's finish time really doesn't matter, only differences do). The more a report feels like you've actually seen the competition, the more it makes the reader feel like you know what's going on. A little personal detail about an athlete or the race, those things help.

I try (and will try) to do that, but on days where there is dozens of events, it’s hard to do that. The live blog will be focused more on results, with social posts and moments of interest cycled in too (as well as the IOC Session). The articles will be more informative and personal. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

As promised, 2022 Winter Olympics qualification breakdown: https://anchor.fm/twu/episodes/TWU-1-2022-Winter-Olympics-Qualification-Emergency-Episode-e9qr2p (can also be found on Apple Podcasts and Spotify (just search Totallympics Audio Service)

12 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

As promised, 2022 Winter Olympics qualification breakdown: https://anchor.fm/twu/episodes/TWU-1-2022-Winter-Olympics-Qualification-Emergency-Episode-e9qr2p (can also be found on Apple Podcasts and Spotify (just search Totallympics Audio Service)

We are trying to make our podcasts much interesting, and with more personality. We’re also looking for more community engagement. If you have an idea for an episode or segment, let me know. If you’d like to come on and talk about something, or help with a fun segment, let me know as well.

If there are any artists on the forum, I’d love to see some cover art (3000 x 3000 pixels) for TWU. It’d be incredibly helpful, and much appreciated. My graphic design skills are mediocre at best, and it will take me a long to design something myself.

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Here’s our first official episode of TWU (Totallympics Weekly Update): https://anchor.fm/twu/episodes/TWU-2-Ending-Out-The-Year-With-Our-Best-Episode-Yet-e9t9tj

@Vojthas and myself really enjoyed this one, so please give it a listen whenever you get the chance (on your way to work, in morning, before bed, when you’re bored, when there aren’t enough sports on, etc.) :d

Again, we’d love any feedback you could give us. Also, any suggestions for what we should cover next week. Plus, any ideas for segments or episodes (or of you’d like to come on for an episode and talk with us about something).

Lastly, @Vojthas, @Dragon, and I cannot thank you enough for supporting us this year. Admittedly, it’s been a rocky start. However, with your support we’ve been able to build up an awesome website, and a great audio service. I’d also give thanks to @OlympicIRL and @mrv86 for their early contributions to Totallympics Media (and your both welcome back anytime :d). Some more thanks are in order to users like @heywoodu @dcro @ChandlerMne @ahjfcshfghb @intoronto @Wumo @zob79 @TomJa @bmo @ofan @Griff88 @JoshMartini007 (and anyone else who I just unfortunately forgot) who give us constant feedback, consist support, and our the main reason we’ve made it this far. Of course, the man himself, @Sindo was deserves a massive, massive thanks for helping us accomplish all of this; without his work, none of us would have meant, we would have never had our own website, and we’d never have had a place to belong. 2019, was a fantastic, maddening, awesome, thrilling, joyously crazy, and thrill ride of a year. For all of us at Totallympics Media: Thank You all for your support and passion. We hope you have a wonderful, blessed, and sport-filled 2020.

What else can I say - just thank you for now and:

beef please GIF

19 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Here’s our first official episode of TWU (Totallympics Weekly Update): https://anchor.fm/twu/episodes/TWU-2-Ending-Out-The-Year-With-Our-Best-Episode-Yet-e9t9tj

@Vojthas and myself really enjoyed this one, so please give it a listen whenever you get the chance (on your way to work, in morning, before bed, when you’re bored, when there aren’t enough sports on, etc.) :d

Again, we’d love any feedback you could give us. Also, any suggestions for what we should cover next week. Plus, any ideas for segments or episodes (or of you’d like to come on for an episode and talk with us about something).

Lastly, @Vojthas, @Dragon, and I cannot thank you enough for supporting us this year. Admittedly, it’s been a rocky start. However, with your support we’ve been able to build up an awesome website, and a great audio service. I’d also give thanks to @OlympicIRL and @mrv86 for their early contributions to Totallympics Media (and your both welcome back anytime :d). Some more thanks are in order to users like @heywoodu @dcro @ChandlerMne @ahjfcshfghb @intoronto @Wumo @zob79 @TomJa @bmo @ofan @Griff88 @JoshMartini007 (and anyone else who I just unfortunately forgot) who give us constant feedback, consist support, and our the main reason we’ve made it this far. Of course, the man himself, @Sindo was deserves a massive, massive thanks for helping us accomplish all of this; without his work, none of us would have meant, we would have never had our own website, and we’d never have had a place to belong. 2019, was a fantastic, maddening, awesome, thrilling, joyously crazy, and thrill ride of a year. For all of us at Totallympics Media: Thank You all for your support and passion. We hope you have a wonderful, blessed, and sport-filled 2020.

new years eve champagne GIF by Violet Clair Here is to another great year in sports!!!