website statistics

Totallympics Media

11 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Not a single mention of Ice Hockey World Champs and subsequent officialized Olympic qualification for Beijing...:(

anyway interesting idea guys. :yes Definitely going to follow this on a regular basis

You know, sometimes I just forget about events. The ICC World Cup, ANOC Beach Games, and Rugby Sevens World Series were all last minute editions. It also happened the weekend before so it was kind of in a gray area.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Now I wonder if @heywoodu has a strong Dutch accent. :d

I’m curious what you guys thought about the way I speak English. Supposedly there’s actually a branch of English in California that’s becoming more and more distinct from other parts of the language.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m curious what you guys thought about the way I speak English. Supposedly there’s actually a branch of English in California that’s becoming more and more distinct from other parts of the language.

Well, I'm wondering what would you say about my English. Is it more British or American? I never know.

12 minutes ago, dcro said:

Now I wonder if @heywoodu has a strong Dutch accent. :d

I'm fairly sure my Dutch accent is a lot stronger than for example @Vojthas's Polish accent, of which I was surprised it was (to my untrained ear) almost non-existent :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Sounded pretty fluent to me, almost native.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

you meant speakin´ americano ? :d

2 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Well, I'm wondering what would you say about my English. Is it more British or American? I never know.

Well I’ve heard a lot of Europeans speak English because the Air Force base near where I live is a NATO affiliated one I believe. I know we’ve at least had Danish, Dutch, Scottish, and German families in town (and at my old high school) before. So if I didn’t know where you lived I would’ve said Brazilian accented English in all honesty, but it sounds close to the German accented English too. Your English is closer to American English though I would say. 

@dcro I don’t know if @heywoodu would have a strong accent because Dutch is the closer language to English, and from the Dutch kids I’ve heard speak English, they are all (at least when they come here for the 2 year stay or whatever) highly fluent and have a barely noticeable accent.

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I would’ve said Brazilian accented English in all honesty

Pretty much the one accent I've heard for so long now (almost 11 years) I would definitely not mistake this one for :d 

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Ywah, not bad for elementary school level 

I’m going to find a way to blacklist the podcast in Croatia. It shouldn’t be hard, I’ll just watch out for those people wearing ugly checkers.

Edited by Olympian1010