website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

9 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

I hope you'll enjoy the new "youth" and "urban" format.

Great idea, I just have 2 questions

#42 Deadline - January 12th, h. 9:00 (GMT+1) Will Canada have more than one medalist in each men's and women's Ice Hockey Mixed NOC 3-on-3 Tournament?

There no Candians players in the 3x3 Tournaments, They declined all quotas in this

#8 How many goals will be scored in the Ice Hockey 6-teams Tournaments? (step - 5)

You meant for both the M and W normal hockey tournaments, right ?

5 minutes ago, hckosice said:

#42 Deadline - January 12th, h. 9:00 (GMT+1) Will Canada have more than one medalist in each men's and women's Ice Hockey Mixed NOC 3-on-3 Tournament?

There no Candians players in the 3x3 Tournaments, They declined all quotas in this

Then it should be an easy question to get correct. :p

Edited by Wumo

23 minutes ago, hckosice said:

#8 How many goals will be scored in the Ice Hockey 6-teams Tournaments? (step - 5)

You meant for both the M and W normal hockey tournaments, right ?

Thanks for that. #42 changed with the dedication to you @hckosice ;)

About #8 - yes, it's about both M and W together.

These are the suggested contests for February:

- 12-23 Feb. Biathlon IBU World Championships

- 13 Feb-16 Feb. Speed Skating ISU Single Distances World Championships 

- 15-16 Feb. Luge FIL World Championships

- 21 Feb-1 Mar. Bobsleigh & Skeleton IBSF World Championships

- 26 Feb-1 Mar. Track Cycling UCI World Championships

If you have any other suggestions, please suggest them here in the discussion thread before January 13th.

Dear Contestants! I'm very sorry for that, but after checking it once more I found two more mistakes:

#30 - the deadline should be January 10th, not January 9th (hour 16:00 remains)

#29 - the step should be 0,15s instead of 15 seconds.

Once more, very sorry for those mistakes. If you happened to predict these two, especially the #29, you still have the time to correct it until deadline. @hckosice @intoronto

PS. If you want to leave something blank and predict it after later, please notice that the questions with deadline already passed before editing will not be counted - then you should predict it in another post.

On 07/01/2020 at 03:18, Vojthas said:

Dear Contestants! I'm very sorry for that, but after checking it once more I found two more mistakes:

#30 - the deadline should be January 10th, not January 9th (hour 16:00 remains)

#29 - the step should be 0,15s instead of 15 seconds.

Once more, very sorry for those mistakes. If you happened to predict these two, especially the #29, you still have the time to correct it until deadline. @hckosice @intoronto

PS. If you want to leave something blank and predict it after later, please notice that the questions with deadline already passed before editing will not be counted - then you should predict it in another post.

step - 10s or 3s is the unit of counting ? can you give us a specific example pls?

1 hour ago, George_D said:

step - 10s or 3s is the unit of counting ? can you give us a specific example pls?

Step is the thing that tells you if you get 4,3,2,1 or 0 points in the type 2 questions. The example is given in the rules post (first post of the YOG prediction thread).

Surely this is supposed to be 0,30 seconds or something instead of 30 seconds per step? :d 

#18 What will be the time difference between the winner and the last placed athlete of the Men's Super-G? (step - 30s) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Surely this is supposed to be 0,30 seconds or something instead of 30 seconds per step? :d 

#18 What will be the time difference between the winner and the last placed athlete of the Men's Super-G? (step - 30s) 

Yes, sure, thanks for noticing. To be corrected in a while.