website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

2019Contest13.png

Final Standing of Water Polo available here

ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b.jpg.4a05d2852188ff96f934faa5edf1d813.jpg :wITA: Dunadan
5a91983c5af54_ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b-Copy.jpg.034592cc412660cfe59ff1ce89ac476f.jpg :wGER: chrischi08
ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b - Copy (2).jpg :wALG: bestmen

And he's back on top of the podium. After "only" winning silver in the fencing WCH prediction contest, @Dunadan this time reached out for a gold medal. After day 2, he didn't look back and pulled away from all others. I wonder where @Dunadan keeps all his medals, they must take up a lot a space in his home? :d Congratulation! :champion: :bowdown: and an extra :bowdown:!

Don't worry! The order of the Totallympics Prediction Contest has been restored. This year's overall leader, @chrischi08, is back on the podium. He was first after day 1 and tried to keep up with Dunadan throughout the contest, and in the end, he earned a fantastic silver medal for his effort. First silver medal of the year and impressive 7th medal overall! :yikes:Once again, well done, @chrischi08:thumbup:

And he did it! @bestmen secures a bronze medal to himself with a great last day. :thumbup: He predicted an Italian victory where most chose Spain. A couple of days ago he could almost smell a medal, but fell a bit behind yesterday. Though, never underestimate the power of the Algerian Fennec. :cool: He came back today with a great score of 54 which secured him the bronze medal. Huge congratulation with the bronze medal, @bestmen:cheer:

Another Northern African could see the medal slip away on the very last day. A solid contest from, @amen09, who had been third since day 6 of the contest, but ended up with no medal:( Better luck to you next time, @amen09:hug:

A last mention goes to @ady48 for another solid contest. He was in top 5 for most of the contest, so great predictions from his side. Maybe a medal lurks in the upcoming contests? I wouldn't be surprised :)

Lastly, thanks to all who participated! Only Swimming is left before Totallympics Prediction Contest takes a short break. With 10-12 events left at the Swimming WCH, many points are still left to be won, or lost, so nothing is settled yet. Stay tuned for tomorrow's exciting conclusion. :bounce:

Once again, that's all from me, your substitute prediction contest manager, Wumo. :)

Edited by wumo26

Not my competition at all - only third among :POL when I was aiming to win the National title ;) and very far from my international aim of TOP8... still a lot to learn about water polo :)

Congratulations to medallists and thanks to @wumo26 for taking care of prediction contests.

2019Contest13.png

Final Standing of Swimming available here

ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b.jpg.4a05d2852188ff96f934faa5edf1d813.jpg :wITA: Dunadan
5a91983c5af54_ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b-Copy.jpg.034592cc412660cfe59ff1ce89ac476f.jpg :wTUN: amen09
ca93554dea4b2d60ed198230c1a12f4b - Copy (2).jpg :wGRE: George_D

There were many surprising medallists during the championship which meant that many user's points where high on one day and low the next. Therefore the medallists in this prediction contest had to have solid predictions and consistency throughout the contest.

On that note, @Dunadan did it again. After a victory in yesterday's Water polo contest, he repeated the succes in the Swimming contest. He can now, without doubt, be declared the champion of the Aquatics WCH regarding Totallympics Prediction Contest. This is also his 3rd medal this week! :bowdown:What a superlative performance from him. Congratulation with another gold medal, @Dunadan:champion::hatoff:

After a disappointing day, yesterday, @amen09 could be much happier today. He could see that this time it ended with a medal. Consistently solid predictions brought him a very deserved silver medal. Congrats with winning the silver medal, @amen09. Good job:cheer::thumbup:

What a close battle for the bronze medal! The victor of this battle ended up being @George_D, who won the bronze medal by a single point. Ouzo must be flowing through the streets in Greece after an incredicle week in the Totallympics Prediction Contest for them and their predictor, George_D. :toast: An immense congratulation with another bronze medal, @George_D! :)

So close but still so far, must be how @OlympicsFan and @Cobi feel at the moment after missing a medal by only one point. @OlympicsFan was in the top through most of the contest, so it must be a bit frustrating to see a medal slip away by such a small margin. @Cobi was once again close of winning a medal, like in the Fencing WCH, but again he ended just shy of one. I wish both of you good luck in future contests. :fingers:

With the conclusion of this contest, Totallympics Prediction Contest will go on a small break before returning in full force to the Canoe Sprint WCH Contest

Once again, that's all from me, and actually this time, it's all from me in a long period because my time as prediction manager is for now over. I hope I haven't been a complete disaster as prediction manager, but if you think so, then I have good news. Totallympics' own Kiwi, @Wanderer, returns from his vacation to serve as your usual prediction manager for the next contest. 

Finally, thanks to all who participated, and thanks for being patient with me as your prediction manager. These were my last words for this time, your substitute prediction manager, Wumo. :)

neil patrick harris goodbye GIF by bubly

Edited by wumo26

43 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

What a close battle for the bronze medal! The victor of this battle ended up being @George_D, who won the bronze medal by a single point. Ouzo must be flowing through the streets in Greece after an incredicle week in the Totallympics Prediction Contest for them and their predictor, George_D. :toast: An immense congratulation with another bronze medal, @George_D! :)

:d:thumbup: Now i will go for the gold medal in next predictions... :yes

Congratulations to @Dunadan and @amen09 !!!