website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

@wumo26 Do winners of the team events (ski jumping) in 2017 count as 'defending champion winning a gold' if they, for example, win an individual (or team) gold?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

@wumo26 Do winners of the team events (ski jumping) in 2017 count as 'defending champion winning a gold' if they, for example, win an individual (or team) gold?

Short answer: Yes, they do. 

The list of defending champions (from 2017):

Stefan Kraft, Piotr Zyla, Dawid Kubacki, Maciej Kot, Kamil Stoch, Carina Voigt, Marcus Eisenbichler, Svenja Würth, Andreas Wellinger. 

@wumo26

And what about team medals won by athletes with three names, do they count ?

6- Athletes with three names will win at least 12 or more medals in all events (Only the official name on fis.com will count. Examples: Franz-Josef Rehrl, Johannes Hoesflot Klaebo, Daniela Iraschko-Stolz) [YES/NO - X]

1 minute ago, Dunadan said:

@wumo26

And what about team medals won by athletes with three names, do they count ?

6- Athletes with three names will win at least 12 or more medals in all events (Only the official name on fis.com will count. Examples: Franz-Josef Rehrl, Johannes Hoesflot Klaebo, Daniela Iraschko-Stolz) [YES/NO - X]

Yes. 

To clarify, all questions where the words "individual event/s" don't appear, team events will also count. 

This question is the only exception. Obviously, the team event and team sprint don't count.

9- Germany will have at least 2 or more athletes on the podium in the same event [YES/NO - X]

I have just read an interview with Emil Iversen and Björn Dæhlie. Both Iversen and Klaebo expect to start in the first five races in Seefeld (Sprint, Skiathlon, Team Sprint, 15km Classical and Relay).

I guess that means Iversen is not going to start in the 50km Mass Start because that would mean he would go all 6 races at the WCH.

Oh man, just saw the alpine skiing prediction contest result and, damn so close to the medals. I really regret my approach to the mens GS where instead of going with the obvious three guys on the podium I tried my luck with Luitz and Olssen. And actually if the temperatures had stayed cold and the slope in good condition I still think this prediction would have been a good gamble but ofc the weather wasn't as predicted. 

Now looking at the nordic skiing WC prediction contest, I'm realizing just how little nordic skiing I've watched this season. Not expecting a good result there. 

2 hours ago, Dolby said:

Are you saying that we need to follow sports to take part in prediction contests?

This. Come on, we all know at least half of us would be participating even in an underwater rugby prediction contest.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!