website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

55 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Few days ago I was talking with one of my younger friends and I mentioned "sports forum" and he was like - "Who is still posting on the forums nowadays?" I felt so old

Honestly I think generalist forums have been damaged by social network arrival, because social networks are generalist. I think thematic forums have not been very damaged, if you really like sports you should prefer Totallympics rather than a random facebook sports group (and same for any other thematic forum). We are a very small niche, if you just watch football and sometimes some Olympic sports during the Olympics you are probably not going to become a loyal Totallympics user, but I don't think 15 years ago our community would have been much bigger.

By the way, I think welcoming new users is very helpful to make them feel part of the community, when a community is some years old new users may feel like they are going on a boat with no more space available :p

I'll tell you more. Until me and my colleagues realised, how useful Messenger is, we used only Facebook group. Now there are only summaries of Messenger discussions.

Another thing - I wanted to recruit someone to my website to help me with equestrian news - no equestrian forum had recent posts, only some with one-two per day. I used to know some forums, now there I use only two - Totallympics and our Polish Olympics-orientated forum.