website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

NB: Timea Bacsinszky withdrew and Dalila Jakupovic is in as LL. She will play Georgina Garcia Perez (Q). 

Since certain number of contestants already posted their predictions, this match won't be counted as there may not be enough time for all of them to edit their predictions.

And what will you do with their second round match and further if they keep advancing?

(I don't really care because I have Wozniacki winning, but just asking)

EDIT: sorry for leaving the announcement in previous page.

Edited by LDOG

22 minutes ago, LDOG said:

And what will you do with their second round match and further if they keep advancing?

(I don't really care because I have Wozniacki winning, but just asking)

EDIT: sorry for leaving the announcement in previous page.

The match (Dalila Jakupovic/Georgina Garcia Perez advancing to the third round) will be counted. The point is - there are more days for everyone to correct their predictions before the appointed second/third round match. It only won't be counted as first round match.

I am disappointed there are very few participants so far. I know tennis usually gets the smallest number of participants but looks like we won't get even 20 this time, let alone 30. Is it really that tiring to fill in the draw? :dunno:  I probably won't organize US Open then.

5 ore fa, Wanderer ha scritto:

I am disappointed there are very few participants so far. I know tennis usually gets the smallest number of participants but looks like we won't get even 20 this time, let alone 30. Is it really that tiring to fill in the draw? :dunno:  I probably won't organize US Open then.

For me the draw is very tiring because it's very long and when you think you have finished you discovered that someone has just withdrawn and you have to edit again the predictions.

I joined the contest because I want to honor the contest but I don't think I will miss the US open if you don't organize them but I think the best thing is to try another format: why don't we start from the quaterfinals for each tournament?

Edited by Pablita

I play similar game here: http://www.tennisdrawchallenge.com/ where I fill in complete draws, from R1 til final. The only difference is that I do not copy/paste the name. I agree it can be a lot of work, but at the end of the day, I assume it is just a passion to enter the contest.

Having contest from quarterfinals is a bit pointless, very few matches.